Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Header & footer escape and line break not correctly rendered when convert HTML to Excel

Some of my excel HTML files contain “:”, “.” in header & footer.
The escape character “” are ignored when opening by Excel, but Aspose Cells HTML to Excel conversion does not ignore it.

Line break must save as “\000A” in header of Excel HTML files, Aspose Cells HTML to Excel conversion also does not convert it.

@billswd,

Please zip and attach sample HTML file, output Excel file (by Aspose.Cells) and output Excel file (by MS Excel) to show the issue(s). Also, share the sample code that you are using. We will check your issue soon.

Hi,

The sample program, HTML file and Excel files are attached.
Thank you.

test1.zip (12.2 KB)

@billswd,

Please notice, we were able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by converting your HTML file to XLS file format. We found escape and line break chars are not correctly rendered when converting HTML to Excel. We have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-43421” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

Hi,

After testing, Excel also show other Unicode characters when 4 hex characters is after the escape character \ in header and footer. For example, \4f60\597D show 你好 when opening in Excel.

@billswd,
We have noted this information with the ticket and will refer to it while working on this issue.

@billswd,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@billswd,
Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v21.3.7 (attached)
aspose-cells-21.3.7-java.zip (7.3 MB)

Your issue should be fixed now.

Let us know your feedback.

It works. Thank you.
However, I think export to HTML file also needs Unicode conversion in header & footer.

@billswd,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix.

We will evaluate it and get back back to you soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-43421) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi