Header Footers

Is there any way to get a reference to the current header and footer of a pdf file?

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for contacting support.

From your above stated requirement, do you mean to access/get reference of Header/Footer in existing PDF file so that they can be manipulated. If so is the case, then I am afraid currently Aspose.Pdf for Java does not support the feature to manipulate/edit Header/Footer in existing PDF files. For the sake of implementation, we already have
logged this requirement in our issue tracking system under New Features list as
PDFNEWJAVA-33189. We will further investigate this requirement in details
and will keep you updated on the status of a correction. We
apologize for your inconvenience.

In case I have not properly understood your requirement or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

That was the question, thanks for the reply.

Hi Timothy

Thanks for your feedback.

We will update you as soon as we made some significant progress towards implementation of the requested feature.

Best Regards,

Hi Timothy

Thanks for your patience.

The development team has further looked into the details of requirement shared earlier and I am afraid we cannot implement the feature of editing header/footer in any existing document.

We may consider implementing/investigating the requirement for any particular document with marked contents that defines header/footer content, but its quite difficult to implement this feature generically because headers/footers (and actually any logic elements) are not usually marked in documents.

Therefore, please share some sample document so that we can further look into this requirement.