Header info throws exception

I just updated my aspose.slides. now my program throws an exception opening a new instance. It complains that it is expecting a header that is a specific number, and not the header that is another number. "Invalid header signature; read 1688935826934608, expected 16220472316735377360" is the exact verbage. It was running before I updated. but the code looks like

Aspose.Slides.Presentation slide = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation ("C:\temp\mySlide.ppt")

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Aspose.Slides for .NET and Java - Documentation

Hello,

Such exception usually thrown if you try to open not a PPT file. May be PPTX.
Please check it. In case file is real ppt presentation then please attach it here for testing.

I actually tried both .ppt and .pptx and both threw the same exception and message:

"Invalid header signature; read 1688935826934608, expected 16220472316735377360"

I need to be able to open both. I've attached the .ppt file.

Turns out the ppt file that I was trying to open has a header missing (bad file). Otherwise everything works fine with .ppt files. My problem was opening .pptx files as you suggested. Therefore, if I instantiate an Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx object, I do not find the same header properties available like Author, Title, and CreateTime, as when I instantiate an Aspose.Slides.Presentation object. Any suggestions?

Hello,

You can use PresentationEx object only for reading presentations in pptx format. Unfortunately properties you mentioned are not implemented in the current version of Aspose.Slides. We are going to release several new pptx features in this months and presentation properties like Author, Subject, Keywords and etc. also will be available.