Heading labels

Hi support,

I’m creating headings and then I’m trying to get the label, but I get “null”, although I see in the output the labels : 1.1 ; 3.2.2 etc.

Please advice,
Milan

Hi Milan,

Please share the code with us so we could have a look at it.

Regards,

Hi shahzad.latif,

Here is a code that prints null strings instead of :“1”, “1.1”, “1.1.1” etc. :

Pdf pdf1 = new Pdf();
Section sec1 = pdf1.getSections().add();

for(int i=1; i < 10 ; ++i)
{
Heading heading1 = new Heading(pdf1,sec1, i);
heading1.getSegments().add(“Heading_” + i);
heading1.setLabelWidth(i*10);
sec1.getParagraphs().add(heading1);
System.out.println(heading1.getUserLabel());
}

FileOutputStream out = new FileOutputStream(new File(“C:/Temp/HeadingNumbering.pdf”));
pdf1.save(out);

Regards,
Milan

Hi Milan,

I wonder why you're using System.out.println in the code to show the label. I would rather suggest to change the code like below in blue:

Pdf pdf1 = new Pdf();
Section sec1 = pdf1.getSections().add();

for(int i=1; i < 10 ; ++i)
{
Heading heading1 = new Heading(pdf1,sec1, i);
heading1.getSegments().add("Heading_" + i);
heading1.setLabelWidth(i*10);

heading1.setIsAutoSequence(true);

heading1.setLevel(i);

sec1.getParagraphs().add(heading1);
}

FileOutputStream out = new FileOutputStream(new File("C:/Temp/HeadingNumbering.pdf"));
pdf1.save(out);

You can find more help at the following link:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net-and-java/apply-numbering-style.html

If you still have some issues please do let us know.

Regards,

Hi,

I’m using System.out.println to show you that although the label for heading is set, I cannot get it. I want to write that label in some other section in my pdf document. Use this line "sec1.getParagraphs().add(new Text(sec1, “Label = " + heading1.getUserLabel()));” instead of the one with System.out.println, and you’ll note what I’m pointing to.

Thanks for looking into this,
Milan

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:普通表格; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

<![endif]–>

Hi milan,

The method: Heading.getUserLabel() can only retrieve the vale you set through the method: Heading.setUserLabel(String). As you have not called Heading.setUserLabel(String), it’s not strange you get a “null”.

You can not get the Heading label when it is generated automatically. Maybe we will provide this function in the future release.

Thank you for using our product.