Hebrew RegEx search doesn't work since Aspose.Pdf 21.10.0

Hi Team,

Hebrew regex search doesn’t work as I expected since Aspose.Pdf 21.10.0.
We are searching with regex in pdf file using TextFragmentAbsorber. If the regex patter contains Hebrew it is seems like the order is reversed and some cases the regex doesn’t match but it should.

Maybe this is related to the following issue: Aspose.Pdf.Text.TextFragmentAbsorber throws exception with hebrew regex range

When we are using Aspose.Pdf 21.9.0 it is working fine except the above use case.

I created a sample project where I compare the TextFragmentAbsorber (Aspose.PDF 21.11.0) with the .Net Regex Class.
AsposePdfHebrew.zip (126.3 KB)

My expectation is that the TextFragmentAbsorber search results should be the same as the System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex match results in the example project.

Please check the attached .Net Core project and let me know what could be the issue.

It is very important to clarify this because this is a blocker issue for us and we cannot upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.PDF (21.9.0 → 21.11.0)

Thank you for your help.

@erdeiga

We were able to replicate the same issue in our environment. Therefore, a ticket as PDFNET-50990 has been logged in our issue tracking system for the sake of investigation. We will further look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Hi @asad.ali,

I tried the latest version of Aspose.PDF (22.1.0) and it seems like this issue is no longer exists. Is this bug has been fixed? Can you confirm this for me please.

@erdeiga

The earlier logged ticket has not been fully investigated yet. Sometimes issues are resolved as a result of fixes to the other issues due to involvement of same API component. So, it is quite possible that the issue is not occurring with the latest version of the API. You can continue testing with the latest version and confirm if issue is completely resolved. We will close the ticket then.