Hebrew text become reversed after RTL to PDF conversion using .NET

I tried to convert a word document to pdf The content is Hebrew which is a RTL aligned text .
The resulting pdf is unfortunately LTR aligned which is not the desired result.

Word:
IBoxx‏ $ ‏Liquid‏תגמולים שיטת הפניקס סל עוקב מדד ‏

pdf:
תגמולים שיטת הפניקס סל עוקב מדד ‏IBoxx‏ $ ‏Liquid‏

…as if thje pdf is ‘discarding’ or not relating to the escape character which deems the line RTL.

I uploaded the pdf file and the word document

(Note: the site blocked the .docx document - so I called it.zip
just change the filetype(rename) from zip to docx afte rdownloadingword-RTL (rename file extension do docx).zip (72.6 KB)adobe-LTR.pdf (103.4 KB)

@davidaspose1

Could you please attach your input Word document here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Hi

I uploaded the two files - the word document and the pdf file.

Note: The site didn’t allow uploading a word document (.docx) so I just changed the filetype to .zip.

After downloading just rename the file giving it a filetype of .docx

When comparing the two documents pay attention t othe four lines in the body of the documents and how they differ.

Thanks

Davidadobe-LTR.pdf (103.4 KB)
word-RTL (rename file extension do docx).zip (72.6 KB)

@davidaspose1

We have not found this issue in output PDF.

Please note that Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering document to fixed-page formats (JPEG, PNG, PDF or XPS). You need to install fonts that are used in your document on the machine where you are converting documents to PDF. Please refer to the following articles:

How Aspose.Words Uses True Type Fonts
How to Receive Notification of Missing Fonts and Font Substitution during Rendering

Could you please ZIP and attach the screenshot of Word document for this section? Please also share the fonts ‘FrankRuehl’, ‘David’, and ‘3 of 9 Barcode’ here for further testing.

Hi Tahir

The EXACT problem appeared in this forum in July 2016 under the heading

Problem converting Word that created by OpenXML to PDF

No solution appears there.

I’d appreciate a solution

Thanks

David

@davidaspose1

It would be great if you please share the requested resources here for testing. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi

I’m attaching the following:

FrankRuehl font
frankruehl.zip (22.4 KB)
David fontdavid.zip (59.2 KB)

comparison screenshotpdfs.PNG (113.5 KB)

Please Read Carefully:
In my opinion the problem is not related to fonts.

If I create my word document from OpenXml and then use the same byte file to save as pdf (with Aspose) then the results are not good.

If I create my word document from OpenXml and then open it and save it (save as) and then save as pdf (with Aspose) then the results are good.

What I’ve found is that the Word document created from openXml is DIFFERENT than that which is created by opening the same Word document created from openXml and then saving it (saveas)

Therefore the problem lies in the Word document created by the openXML which is different than that created ‘normally’ and that aspose has issues with it.

Try this - open the word document I attached - which was created with OpenXML and do “saveas” to a different name - you’ll see that THE FILE SIZES ARE DIFFERENT, meaning that they are save differently - and apparently ASPOSE can handle the ‘regular’ word document but not that created by OPENXML

Thanks

David

@davidaspose1

Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word. We have converted the shared document to PDF using MS Word and Aspose.Words and have not found the shared issue. We have attached the output PDF files with this post for your kind reference. Docs.zip (376.0 KB)

Could you please share the complete steps that you are using to reproduce this issue at our end?

Please create a standalone console application ( source code without compilation errors ) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

Hi

I’m sending you YOUR REPLY to someone who posted the EXACT SAME PROBLEM three years ago.
Their solution is what I need

The following is your reply from three years ago:

Hi Ariela,

Thanks for your inquiry. We regret to share with you that your issue (WORDSNET-13888) has been postponed due to missing feature WORDSNET-832 (Make table layout as close to Word as possible) which is related to your issue.

After the fix of WORDSNET-832, our product team will look into your issue. We will be sure to inform you via this forum thread as soon as this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Therefore, the problem was already investigated and documented and would appreciate a solution .

Sincerely

david

@davidaspose1

We have linked this thread with the same issue ID WORDSNET-832. Unfortunately, this issue is not resolved yet. We will inform you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

This issue is related to table layout rendering in output PDF. We request you please share the input and problematic output documents having table layout issues. We will log your issue separately in our issue tracking system. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi

Thank you - you have stated the issue correctly. Table layout rendering in output PDF.
Please note the following:

1. The problem arises only if the word document was created by OpenXml. If the word document was created ‘regularly’ - via creating and saving a document in MS-WORD - then the PDF rendering is done correctly.

2. You mentioned linking it to WORDSNET-832. Maybe you should also link it to WORDSNET-13888 ?

Your speedy resolving of the issue would be appreciated as this system is operational and causing problems - maybe you can suggest a Workaround ?

Thank You

David

@davidaspose1

We have linked WORDSNET-13888 issue with this thread. Unfortunately, there is no workaround available for this issue. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is an update available on WORDSNET-13888 and WORDSNET-832.

We are really very sorry for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13888) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 23.7 update also available on NuGet.

1 Like