Help Needed with AutoLayout

Hello,

I am working on making an organizational chart from a hierarchical data source and I feel like I almost have it looking decent using AutoLayout but there is something weird going on.

Basically I want to create a document that is printer-friendly that shows our organizational structure.

I’ve attached my sample source code to reference. For the layout CompactTree, LeftThenDown, I actually get what I would expect RightThenDown would give. Anyway, this is how it looks after the file is generated:

And this is how I would like it to look:

For some reason it always puts one of the first children somewhere strange and connects to the parent shape at the top instead of at the bottom.

Also I thought about using FlowChart, BottomToTop (again, I feel like it should be TopToBottom), the result looks pretty good with a small number of shapes. I'd like to have the chart start at the top of the page though.

Actual Result:

Desired Result:

Thank you,
Brian

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. Our technical team will review this inquiry shortly and get back to you as soon as possible. Please hold tight.

Thanks,

Hi Brian,

Thank you for contacting support. Please note that Aspose.Diagram API mimics the behavior of Microsoft Office Visio. We’ve noticed incorrect layout problems. In this regard, we have logged investigations as follows:

DIAGRAMNET-50164 - Revise layout of the CompactTree option does not work as expected
DIAGRAMNET-50165 - Revise layout of the FlowChart option does not work as expected

Your request has also been linked to these issues. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenienced you faced.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-50164) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for .NET 21.9.