We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Help with Import file

i have read the documents and used the code to import a file. The problem is the "form" is not reconized when i declare Form as Form ( the as Form is not recognized!). I used the msi installer but i still had to add reference by browsing and picked the dll in the bin/net20 folder. it is as if my website doesnt even know it is there -- do i have to do something else to install this???

Dim form As Form = New FormParameter("DirectApp.pdf", "output.pdf")

Dim xfdfInputStream As New FileStream("DirectApp_Data.xfdf", FileMode.Open)

form.ImportXfdf(xfdfInputStream)

form.Save()

xfdfInputStream.Close()

thanks blake

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Aspose products - Documentation

Hi Blake,

Thank you very much for considering Aspose.

You only need Aspose.Pdf.Kit dll to use the component. Just add a reference to this DLL and it should be working fine. However, I assume that you’re using a Windows Application (not web), and Aspose.Pdf.Kit.Form must be conflicting with System.Windows.Forms.Form. In that case, please refer the Form class as
Aspose.Pdf.Kit.Form.

I hope this helps. If it doesn’t resolve your issue then please share more details and the error message. We’ll look into the issue in detail and update you accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Thank you, but i am still having problems. Last night i had already added the ref to this dll (i used the aspose.pdf.kit for .net/bin/net20 dll) - despite this i was having problems. Also i got an email with a xxx.lic and i am not sure what to do with that. i copied it in to the aspose.pdf.kit/liscense folder for now. As for a windows app vs a web app i am not sure what you mean. I am using visual studio .NET and i am creating a web site using VB / ASP. I put the code that i showed before in the xxx.aspx.vb file within a button_click. do i need to import somthing in the top of the page or something?? i have read the form class and i am not sure how this helps me with this problem. i am at a loss. i do agree the aspose form class seems to be conflicting with the visual studio .net form class.

Any help/ideas would be great! blake

i also tried "imports aspose" at the top of the xx.aspx.vb page - didnt help. i still get the "form not defined error" with the code:

dim form as form = new formparameters (xxx)

it seems it just dosnt like my dim statement, the other lines seem to have taken...

form.importxfdf and form.save seem to be understood i think.

tks. blake

Hi Blake,

You need to set the license as shown on this link. After you add a reference to Aspose.Pdf.Kit.dll in your project, you need to import Aspose.Pdf.Kit in your project using the following statement: imports Aspose.Pdf.Kit.

If it still doesn’t resolve your issue then please share the sample project with us, so we could look into the actual problem at your end and update you accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Thank you thank you thank you!

I finally got it to work and it works great!

I have one small question now ... how do i play with the files in the current directory.

They default to C:Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE.

I am used to just putting "~\" to indicate the current directory but the software fills in the ~\ after the above path. I dont want to have to hard code a path directory.

thanks blake

Hi Blake,

As I understand, you’re trying to access the data files in a web application. If so, you can place the files in App_Data folder of your application and then access it with the following statement:

Server.MapPath("~\App_Data")

I hope this helps. However, as this question is related to the core .NET concepts and not about Aspose.Pdf.Kit, so I would suggest you to ask .NET related questions in MSDN Forums.

If you have any questions related to Aspose.Pdf.Kit, then please let us know. Also, share the sample reference project, so I could better understand your queries.

We’re looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

thank you

everything is working great now. blake