Help with inherited ASPNET 4 application

Hello,

I’ve inherited an application written in ASPNET4 that uses ASPOSE Word to populate documents from predefined templates. I’m a newbie to ASPOSE so any help would be greatly appreciated.

License Type

Developer Small Business

Limited to 1 developer.

Question #1

The application as far as I can tell does not call SetLicense anywhere. There is a license file in the bin folder. Do I still need to call SetLicense, even with the .lic file present in the bin folder?

Question #2

The license file indicates it expired in 2015. The application still seems to populate content but I’m concerned we may be encountering some silent failures due to limitations imposed by the expiration of the license?

Question #3

Assuming I need to renew, what is the term of the new license?

Question #4

I downloaded the eval to debug the application. But I seem to be running into some limitations as all the sections in the document are not exposed via the Aspose API. I assume I need to get a trial license or renew our previous license?

Thanks!

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please refer to the following article:

Applying a License

GSI:

Question #1

The application as far as I can tell does not call SetLicense anywhere. There is a license file in the bin folder. Do I still need to call SetLicense, even with the .lic file present in the bin folder?

In this case, there is no need to call License.SetLicense.

GSI:

Question #2

The license file indicates it expired in 2015. The application still seems to populate content but I’m concerned we may be encountering some silent failures due to limitations imposed by the expiration of the license?

Please check the following tag in your license file.

It means that you can free upgrade to version of Aspose product published before 05/31/2015. After subscription expiry, Aspose product will start working in evaluation mode.

GSI:

Question #3

Assuming I need to renew, what is the term of the new license?

Please contact our sales team via Aspose.Purchase forum.

GSI:

Question #4

I downloaded the eval to debug the application. But I seem to be running into some limitations as all the sections in the document are not exposed via the Aspose API. I assume I need to get a trial license or renew our previous license?

Please note that in evaluation mode there are some limitations applied. E.g. Aspose.Words injects an evaluation watermark at the top of the document. The document’s contents are truncated after a certain number of paragraphs during import or export.

Please request for 30-days temporary license from here:

Get temporary license