Hidden data in Outlook

Hello everybody,

I create an MSG file with the Aspose.Email for .NET component. This MSG file is created correctly, then includes information such as To, Cc, Subject, and the Body and can be opened (in my case, Outlook 2010) then no problem with Outlook.

Since the generated MSG file from a document management system with the above Component out is produced, I want to pass like the email hidden data (such as the ID in DMS). With the Aspose.Email for .NET component enables both the data in the header as well as on (Custom) Properties deposit. The data (both header and data property) can be clean again read out from the MSG file.

Now to my problem:

If I open the generated MSG file in Outlook, where the e-mail by clicking on “Send” ship, the hidden data at the receiver no longer exist. It seems as though Outlook before sending the email this post processed.

Since it is with me is e-mail, is the body in HTML format, I have also tried to hide the data there and indeed in SPAN, which I then to display: none and color: white set. If the SPAN is in the first line of body, it has the disadvantage that the hidden data in the body are not activated, but the Notifier of the recipient. Will now the recipient to forward the received e-mail, so the hidden data in the spans should (directly on the surface in Outlook) then but visible, which is undesirable.

My question now is whether there is a way to hide data so that they are not visible at the surface in Outlook, but are available in the background as a hidden data?

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for writing to Aspose Support team.

The removal of header information is dependent on the server configuration for a firewall. We are afraid but ther is no other method to embed such information in the message other than encrypting your data and sending it. But that ofcourse will make it visible in MS Outlook. Please feel free to write to us if you have any further query about this.