Hidden page element prints when using PdfViewer

Dear Aspose,

When opening and printing the attached PDF in Acrobat it prints as it appears on screen. Opening the same document using Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfViewer(doc) prints a hidden section at the top of the page.

Can you please tell me how to prevent this behaviour and print it as Acrobat does (it there some sort of property I need to enable?)

Many thanks,

James

Hi James,

Sorry for the inconvenience faced. While using the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for NET 8.3.0, I've managed to reproduce this issue on my side and logged the issue in our bug tracking system as PDFNEWNET-35538 for further investigation and resolution. Moreover, I'm afraid there is no such property available to control hidden text printing. We'll notify you via this thread as soon as issue is resolved.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

Any update on the likely release date for this bug fix?

Many thanks,

James

Hi James,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m afraid the reported issue is still not resolved and its pending in queue for analysis with other priority tasks. However, I’ve requested our development team to share ETA at their earliest. I’ll update you as soon as I get a feedback.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi James,

I have further discussed with development team and as per our current estimates, we plan to get the earlier reported issue resolved in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.5.0 which is planned to release in October-2013. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Hi Nayyer,

Many thanks for the update that is very useful as I can now manage the expectation of my users.

James

Dear Aspose,

Was this fixed in the latest version of 8.5.0? I cannot find any reference to it in the release notes.

Many thanks,

James

Hi James,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m afraid the issue was not completely resolved in 8.5.0 so it was moved to 8.6.0. It is resolved now and hopefully after successful testing it will be included in upcoming release. i.e. Aspose.Pdf for .Net 8.6.0. Hopefully it will be published in next week. However, we will notify you as soon as it’s published and gets available for download.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-35538) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.6.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

This issue has reoccurred in Aspose.PDF .net 9.7.0, please fix ASAP as this looks bad for us and for yourselves!!

Could this same issue please also be addressed when taking a Pdf.Document and saving to XPS format (the hidden element also appears in the XPS)

Nevermind! I’ve realised that I should now use ‘CordinateType’ on the PDFViewer object to accomplish the same thing. It would be nice to have this when saving from PDF to XPS as well.

Thanks,
James
Hi Jirish,

jirish:
This issue has reoccurred in Aspose.PDF.net 9.7.0, please fix ASAP as this looks bad for us and for yourselves!!

Thanks for your inquiry. Please use ShowHiddenAreas property to hide hidden fields. Please check following code snippet for the details. Hopefully it will help you to accomplish the task.

//create PdfViewer object

PdfViewer viewer = new PdfViewer();

//open input PDF file

viewer.BindPdf(myDir + "W8BEN_HiddenText.pdf");

viewer.ShowHiddenAreas = false;

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,