Hidden Text in PDF

When I examined a PDF document in ADOBE then it shows lot of hidden text specially outside the page boundary. Is there any way to find and/or delete hidden text while flattening or resizing it?
1 Like

Hi Pramod,

Thanks for contacting support.

Aspose.Pdf supports the feature to remove text from PDF documents and a PDF file may comprise of layers where text and other PDF elements are added over different layers. Sometimes the watermarks are also added in background and they do not appear/become visible when viewing the document.

However in order for us to completely understand your requirement, please share the resource file so that we can further look into this requirement.

This is happening for some of the PDFs and I was able to fix it using Adobe Acrobat shown in attached screen shot. What I am looking for is a example to do similar activity using ASPOSE programmatically.

In Acrobat Document Menu -> Examine Document it shows Hidden Text found on each page. By selecting it and Clicking on REMOVE it corrects the document.

Hi Pramodd,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid the requested feature is
currently not supported but for the sake of implementation, I have logged this
requirement in our issue tracking system under New Features list as PDFNEWNET-38031.
We will further investigate this requirement in details and will keep you
updated on the status of a correction. We
apologize for your inconvenience.

However in order for us to better under stand this requirement, as requested earlier, please share some sample PDF files.

attached sample PDF
If you try to do Document->Examine Document->Remove Hiddent Text from this PDF then it will remove the hidden text.

Hi Pramodd,

Thanks for sharing the resource file.

The information has been associated with earlier reported issue and development team has been intimated. As soon as we have some significant progress towards its implementation, we will let you know.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-38031) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 23.11.

A post was split to a new topic: Hidden Text in PDF via Aspose.PDF for .NET

Please do not split the topic. The question is about PDFNET-38031 which is in 23.11 as above. What is it and how do you use it.

We will get back to you to provide required details/samples on it.

In Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can do that.

@GaryO

We have already responded to your similar inquiry in other forum thread.