Hide MajorGridLines for chart (C# .NET)

Hey there,

I am unable to hide MajorGridlines on Horizontal and Vertical Axes both, because the properties are read only. How can i hide these?

Regards

@rashid.khan,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that you can show/hide grid lines on your end. I suggest you to please visit this documentation article for your kind reference.

You actually need to set:
chart.Axes.VerticalAxis.MajorGridLinesFormat.Line.FillFormat.FillType = FillType.NoFill;

Hey Mudassir,

Thanks for your quick reply though i already figured it out here.

Another issue (not related to this issue) is that I noticed even if I set minvalue and maxvalue to chart.axes.verticalaxis it still does not set it in the powerpoint. I figured it out that along with setting the min max I also have to isAutomaticMinValue and isAutomaticMaxValue
to false.

If that is the case then i believe isAutomaticMinValue should be set false whenever a user sets a value to minvalue and similarly for max, i believe this should be incorporated in aspose itself.

Regards
Rashid Khan

@rashid.khan,

Yes, if you need to set minimum and maximum value, you need to set IsAutomaticMaxValue and IsAutomaticMinValue to false first.

Why cant aspose incorporate that in their code itself?, because clearly anyone who wants to set the min value obviously needs the minvalue and will have to set the isautomaticminvalue to false, every time.

@rashid.khan,

I have observed your comments and we will discuss this either it is possible or not. We will inform you regarding this. I request for your patience.