High Fidelity XLS to PDF?

In the middle of last year I evaluated the Aspose.Cells ability to convert to PDF. We chose the .net version because of it’s accuracy in rendering to the PDF, even though our platform is java based, and we take a performance hit to use the .net version.

At the time, the Java version’s PDF export left much to be desired. I was told that similar quality PDF export was planned for java, and that it was scheduled for the 4th quarter. Looking at the release notes, I don’t see any indications that this functionality has made it into the java version up to now. Has any progress been made on this front? Or do you have an updated timeframe on when this feature might become available?

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The functionality (Excel - to - PDF) is supported/available now. Please try the attached latest fix (v2.1.2). Also you need to use the latest version Aspose.Pdf for Java (if possible). In the recent versions we have made enhancement regarding the feature. Please try the attached version and let us know about the feedback. Your feedback in this regards is highly appreciated.

Please check the document for reference (there are still a few limitation that should be noticed too):
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/converting-to-pdf-files.html

Moreover, we are working on embedding a separate engine in Aspose.Cells for Java component that will be used to convert spreadsheets to pdf format and there will be no longer need to use Aspose.Pdf for Java component. Hopefully we can complete the task to certain extent in the next month or so.

Thank you.

I’ll give it a try and see what it’s improved. I’ll have to get a new demo license, since our total license is for the .net version.