High Memory Usage on slide with chart

Hi,

we are using the following code as part of our logic to create thumbnails of a slide:

static void Main(string[] args)
    {
        int width = 800;
        int height = 600;
        string presentationPath = @"D:\Temp\Dummy\Präsentation4.pptx";

using (IPresentation presentation = PresentationFactory.Instance.ReadPresentation(presentationPath))
        {
            ISlide firstSlide = presentation.Slides[0];
            using (Bitmap bitmap = new Bitmap(width, height, PixelFormat.Format32bppArgb))
            {
                using (Graphics graphics = Graphics.FromImage(bitmap))
                {
                    firstSlide.RenderToGraphics(false, graphics, width, height);
                }
            }
        }
    }

But using this code on the attached presentation results in windows memory usage of more than 3GB for a presentation of 50KB of size.
We are currently using Aspose 17.4.0.0.

Could you please take a look.

Thanks.

Best regards
Christopher

Präsentation4.zip (38.2 KB)

@blackChristopher,

I have observed your comments. I have tested using Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.8 on my end and have not been able to observe high memory consumption while loading the presentation. Please observe this image link for memory consumption on my end. Can you please try using latest Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.8 on your end share the complete sample project to reproduce the issue on our end if the issue still persist.

Hi,

I changed our test application to use Aspose 17.8. But it is still happening when using the presentation and the RenderToGraphics method.

Here a screenshot of the Situation. The test program is the Aspose process.
grafik.png (78.6 KB)

PS:
This also happens after changing the code to use the GetThumbnail Method:
grafik.png (74.1 KB)

Best regards
Christopher.

@blackChristopher,

I have worked with shared code sample given in image and have been able to reproduce the issue. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-39321 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.