We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

High Memory Utilization after disposing objects as well

<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif;mso-fareast-font-family:
Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”;
mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>

<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif;mso-fareast-font-family:
Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”;
mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Hi Team,
<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif;mso-fareast-font-family:
Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”;
mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>I am using Aspose (15.8.1.0) library to open Slides, When I am opening the new presentation file, memory consumption get increased by 10 times from initialization. Now the issue is when process gets completed its not releasing complete memory which is taken my Aspose Processes.

e.g. if we open the file for 75MB, and as soon as it loads in memory its getting very high around 700+MB and increasing more in when i try to create a separate file for the each slides. After process completion its not releasing the whole memory occupied by the current file.
If we run continuously 100 files simultaneously (70-80) memory is
not releasing on same ratio as it was releasing for first 10 processing.
<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:
“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;
mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>
<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:
“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;
mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Its getting increased upto 2.5+ GB to process 88 slides of a presentation.
<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif;mso-fareast-font-family:
Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”;
mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>

Please assist with the appropriate solution to get the memory utilization done as per standard memory management. i.e. It should release all the memory taken after completion of running task.
<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif;mso-fareast-font-family:
Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”;
mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>
<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif;mso-fareast-font-family:
Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”;
mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Thanks
<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif;mso-fareast-font-family:
Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”;
mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>
<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif;mso-fareast-font-family:
Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”;
mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Aarif

Hi Aarif,


Thank you for posting.

I have observed your comments and like to request you to please share with us a sample file which is causing the issue, as well as the sample application reproducing the issue, so that we may proceed further to help you out.

Before you share the requested data with us, I request you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.9.0 on your end and see if there is any performance improvement or not.

Best Regards,

Hi Adnan,


I’m facing the same issue Aarif is having.

The code to reproduce is pretty simple, just the code used on aspose examples here:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/slidesnet/Creating%20Slides%20Thumbnail%20Image

In order to probe memory not being released I did this in a console application:
foreach (var item in Enumerable.Range(1, 200))
{
Console.WriteLine(“Instance {0} starting.”, item);
using (Presentation pres = new Presentation(@“C:\Temp\TestPpt.pptx”))
{
//Access the first slide
ISlide sld = pres.Slides[0];

//Create a full scale image
Bitmap bmp = sld.GetThumbnail(1f, 1f);

//Save the image to disk in JPEG format
bmp.Save(string.Format(@“C:\Temp\Thumbnail_{0}.jpg”, item), System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg);
}
}

Memory reached 631mb and never got back to normal.
I’m using Aspose.Slides version 15.9.0.0 from Nuget Packages for .Net with .Net Framework 4.5.

If you need further information please just let me know.

Kind Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,


Thank you for posting.

I have observed your comments and like to request you to please make a separate post over this link so that we may ensure one to one exchange of data/information and your issue could be taken care of, properly. Please share with us, your system specifications and the sample presentation which is causing the issue on your end so that we may investigate it further to help you out.

Best Regards,