Highlight box hides the image in PDF

Hi,

We are facing a issue in the PDF document with some of the images not appearing correctly. The images are inserted from a DOC file to a DOCX file and then the PDF file is created using the DOCX document.

In some of the images in the PDF, the green highlight box hides the images. The highlight box appears correctly (transparent) in the Word document.

Please not that we have tested the issue with the latest versions of Aspose (Word 16.7.0 and PDF 11.8.0). The issue remains the same with the latest versions also.

I have attached the generated documents with the latest versions of Aspose. Also, I have attached the Sample.doc with the images to test.

Regards,
Prabhaker Kr.

Hi Prabhaker,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the same behavior as MS Word does. If you convert your document to Pdf with Pdf/A compliance using MS Word, you will get the same output. Please use PdfCompliance as Pdf15 to get the desired output.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "Sample.doc");
PdfSaveOptions options = new PdfSaveOptions();
options.setCompliance(PdfCompliance.PDF_15);
doc.save(MyDir + "Out v16.7.0.pdf", options);

Hi Tahir,

Thank you for the reply.

In the system we are using PDF compliance PDF_A_1B for all the PDFs converted using DOCX file. We cannot use other PDF compliance in the system as PDF_A_1B is mandatory to be used here.

We are setting the PDF compliance using the following code;

com.aspose.pdf.Document pdfDocument = new com.aspose.pdf.Document(pdfFilePath);

pdfDocument.convert(“Conversion_version_log.xml”, com.aspose.pdf.PdfFormat.v_1_4, com.aspose.pdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

pdfDocument.convert(“Conversion_log.xml”, com.aspose.pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, com.aspose.pdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

pdfDocument.save();

Can you please check it once again?

Regards,
Prabhaker Kr.
Hi Prabhaker,

Thanks for your inquiry. Your query is more related to Aspose.Pdf. I am moving this thread to Aspose.Total forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Pdf team will answer you shortly.

Hi Prabhaker,

Thanks for using our API’s.

I have tested the scenario where I have first converted MS Word file to PDF format and then converted PDF file to PDF/A_1b format using Aspose.Pdf for Java 11.7.0 and as per my observations, the resultant file is properly being converted. For your reference, I have also attached the output file generated over my end.

Java code:

com.aspose.pdf.Document pdfDocument = new com.aspose.pdf.Document("c:/pdftest/Out v16.7.0.pdf");
pdfDocument.convert("c:/pdftest/Conversion_log.xml", com.aspose.pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, com.aspose.pdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
pdfDocument.save("c:/pdftest/Out v16.7.0_PDF_A_1b.pdf");

Hi Nayyer,

The issue here is not with the conversion of PDF compliance. As you can see in the output file (Out v16.7.0_PDF_A_1b.pdf) generated at your end still has the issue with the images.

The issue is: In the DOCX document, the images have green highlight boxes in front of the images but these highlight boxes do not hide the image. But now in the PDF, these boxes hide the images.

We insert the Sample.doc having the images in the DOCX document file first and then save it as both DOCX and PDF files.

You can find the issue in the output generated by you.

Can you please check it again?

Thanks & regards,
Prabhaker Kr.

Hi Prabhaker,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I have managed to reproduce above stated problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFJAVA-36102 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hello,

Do you know if you will include this PDFJAVA-36102 in next relrease ?

This point is critical for us.

Thx.
Hi Prabhaker,

Thanks for your patience.

As we recently have noticed earlier reported issue, so its pending for review and is not yet resolved. However the product team will surely consider investigating/fixing it as per development schedule and as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hello,

This issue is major for us so do you know any solution to detect this case in the document ?

Objective : send a warning to the user.

Hi Sebastien,

Thanks for your feedback. I am afraid we can not suggest you any solution until the issue investigation is completed. Our product team is already treating the issue with Enterprise Support priority and we will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi Nayyer,

Do we have any update on the issue? Is it fixed in the Aspose Word 16.8.0?

Thanks & regards,
Prabhaker Kr.

Hi Prabhaker,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note the issue is related to Aspose.Pdf for Java instead Aspose.Words for Java. The above reported issue is inherited from .NET version of Aspose.Pdf, so our product team is investigating the issue in Aspose.Pdf for .NET and once it is resolved in .NET version then it will be ported into Java version of Aspose.Pdf. We will notify you as soon as further update is available.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

Is the issue fixed in the Aspose PDF 11.9.0 ?

Thanks & regards,
Prabhaker Kr.

Hi Prabhaker,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid the earlier reported issue is still pending for review and is not yet resolved. As soon as this problem is resolved, we will surely update you within this forum thread. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hello,

Not yet fixed in R12.0.0. Do you confirm ?
I don’t see the case in the release note.

Hi Prabhaker,

The earlier reported issue is under investigation and is not yet resolved. However, I have requested the product team to share the possible timelines regarding its resolution and as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know.

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

Is this issue fixed in the Aspose 16.10.0 PDF release ?

Regards,
Prabhaker Kr.

Hi Prabhaker,

The product team has further investigated earlier reported issue and as per our current estimates, we plan to get this problem resolved in Aspose.Pdf for Java 16.12.0, which is scheduled to release in December-2016. However its not a promise, but we will try our level best to get it resolved by said time.

Please spare us little more time.

Hi Aspose Team,

Is the issue resolved now?

Regards,
Prabhaker Kr.