Highlight feature for PPT files not working

Hi,

I am trying to highlight few words in a “ppt” file. I noticed that no words were highlighted when I saved the output in “ppt” format. But I see that highlight is successful when I save the output file in “pptx” format.

I am using the version 19.9 library

My question is

• Is highlighting supported for ppt file when the output should be saved in ppt format.
  • Is it a requirement that to use highlighting feature on ppt, the output need to be saved in pptx format ?

I am attaching the files and code.highlightpptSamplecode.zip (81.2 KB)

Thanks

@htalkad,

I have observed your requirements and request you to please try using latest Aspose.Slides for Java 20.3 on your end. In case there is still an issue, please feel free to share with us.

I used the 20.3 version of slides and I still observe the same behavior.

If I save the output in pptx format the words are highlighted fine.

If I save the output in ppt format none of the words are highlighted.

@htalkad,

I have worked with the sample code share and have created an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-38083 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-38083) have been fixed in this update.

With the new version aspose slides- 20.7 , It looks like highlighting is working for PPT but I still see some issues.

• If the text is inside a table, it does not get highlighted
  • If the text is a paragraph under a bullet, it does not get highlighted.

These are the issues I have found so far.

@htalkad

I suggest you to please try using latest Aspose.Slides for Java 20.8. If you still find issues then please share the source file, used code and generated output reproducing the issue.

I tried with 20.8 and found the following 2 issues

• text inside a table does not get highlighted
  • entire text in footer get highlighted when I have only part of it selected.

Attaching the sample code, input and generated outputHighlightSampleCode.zip (97.5 KB)

@htalkad

I can observe the stated issue in output presentation. A ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-38310 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be addressed.