Highlight Fields

Hi,

We uses pdf.kit to merge data into form fields, and that work great. BUT when we open the document, the “Highlight Fields” is switched on, and the text in the fields is not visible until you click in the field. It seems like the “Highlight Fields” function in Acrobat Reader draws a none transparent mask over the fields. Is there anything we can do in pdf.kit to prevent this behaviour?

regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

First off, please make sure that you’re using the latest version at your end. If you still find the same problem then please share the input PDF file along with the code snippet, so we could test the issue at our end. You’ll be updated accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi,

I’m using the latest version, heres the example:

Requirement:
Add content and set field-size for some PDF fields using Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .Net (version 4.6.0)

Problems:
- Only added content to fields => Works fine, but font-size is wrong (See “only_merged_PDF.pdf”)
- Added content, and then set the field-size => Works fine for many PDF clients, but with Adobe Reader 9 the “Field Highlighting” is put on top of the content, making the content invisible) (See “merged_and_formated_PDF.pdf”)
- Set field-size, then add content => When highlight on -> looks OK, when highlight off the characters in the field are put on top of each other and is unreadable. (See “formated_and_merged_PDF.pdf”)

Attached:
- A Visual Studio project with code generating PDFs to identify the problems above. (PDFIssueForAspose.zip)
- Some pdfs: One template (B0404.pdf), and some generated Pdf’s visualizing the problems described above (the merged content is on page 2 of the PDF’s)

regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

We need to investigate this issue in detail. Please spare us some time. You’ll be updated with the results accordingly.

Regards,

Hi Thomas,

I have reproduced this problem at my end and logged it as
PDFKITNET-19146 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

Regards,

Hi,

is there any progress in this issue?

regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I’m afraid, this issue is not yet resolved. However, I have asked our development team to share the ETA of this issue. You’ll be updated with the estimate as we get the idea.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Regards,

Hi Thomas,

Our team has investigated this issue in detail and I would like to share with you that highlighting fields is not the feature provided by PDF document contents, rather it is completely an Adobe Reader feature. I’m afraid, we’re unable to provide some automated functionality to turn this feature on or off, however one manual button click can do the trick. You can click the ‘Highlight Fields’ button on the Form’s information bar. Please open the merged_and_formatted_PDF.pdf file in Adobe Reader and click the above button.

I hope this resolves your issue. If you find any further questions or concerns, please do let us know.
Regards,