Highlight selected text from SQL Blob datatype

Hi There,
I am exploring few of my project requirement using ASPOSE, so that i can make a decision weather to go for buying this or not.

I have my pdf files stored a BLOB (VarBinary) in SQL Server database. I am rending those files in UI using a asp.net literal control. My requirement is to highlight certain text in the pdf with some color. All example i see is highlighting text from pdf in filesystem. Anyway we can do this when rendering blob from database?

Also can we use aspose in React.js for doc viewing, highlighting, extracting etc… Please help.

@sagar.pattnayak

Aspose.PDF offers loading a Document with both file path and stream. You can create a stream from the file data stored in the database and load Document from it in order to highlight the text.

Furthermore, Aspose.PDF does not offer any tool or utility to render or view the PDF files in browser. However, you can convert a PDF into image and render obtained image in the browser to view the PDF. Please feel free to let us know in case you need further assistance.

Hi @asad.ali

Thanks for your response. I will see what I can do and get back here if I have any further question.

@sagar.pattnayak

Sure, please take your time to test your cases using our API and let us know in case you need further information.

Hi @asad.ali

I have a couple of follow up questions. I have requirement to extract tables and pagewise text from PDFs. I am using the nuget package for evaluation. However these two requirements seems not working.

For text extraction I am getting only “Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.PDF. Copyright 2002-2021 Aspose Pty Ltd.”

And for Table extraction ```
absorber.TableList is always empty.

Ref: 
Table Extraction: [Extract Table from Existing PDF Document | Documentation (aspose.com)](https://docs.aspose.com/pdf/net/extract-table-from-existing-pdf-document/) 

Text Extraction: [Extract text from PDF C# | Documentation (aspose.com)](https://docs.aspose.com/pdf/net/extract-text-from-all-pdf/#extract-text-from-all-the-pages-of-a-pdf-document) 

Will you be able to help?

@sagar.pattnayak

The trial version offers limitation to process only 4 elements of any collection e.g. Pages, TextFragments, Annotations, etc. In order to evaluate and test the API in its full capacity, you can please apply for and use a 30-day free temporary license that will remove this restriction.

Thanks… Let me do that…

Same issue with 30 day temp licence as well. I will try few things and comeback by next week. Does .Net framework has anything to do with this? I tried with FW 4.5 and 4.7 for my VS project. For both cases it is not working.

Hi @asad.ali

Can you clarify just this for me? Will Aspose.pdf functionality works only for PDFs created with Aspose.pdf? Asking because I am not able to extract images either using the link below. It is saving the entire pdf page as image.

Extract Images from PDF C# | Documentation (aspose.com)

So wording if it works only for pdf files created with Aspose and does not work for any other pdfs from other sources?

Please respond.
BR
Sagar

@sagar.pattnayak

No. In fact, you can process PDF files using Aspose.PDF regardless of how they were created or using which utility they were produced. However, if you are facing any issues while processing any PDF document, please feel free to share it with us. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Thanks for your response. It’s a customer confidential document so can’t share. But I will try to replicate with some test files from our environment and get back as soon as I can.

@sagar.pattnayak

Please take your time to test the scenario with different files and feel free to come back if you face any issue.