Horizontal (Category) Axis is missing in rendered PDF Charts from Excel chart

Hi,

We are trying to convert the charts in excel into PDF format using
latest version(23.5) of Aspose.Cellsfor Java, found that the whole horizontal axis in the output PDF was missing.

Code:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“Horizontal axis.xlsx”);
workbook.calculateFormula();
PdfSaveOptions opts = new PdfSaveOptions();
workbook.save(“Horizontal axis.pdf”,opts);

I’ve attached the excel template and the output PDF in zip for your reference. Could you please kindly take a look?

Thanks in advance!

Horizontal Axis.zip (12.3 KB)

@veera.mediboyina,

Thanks for the template Excel file.

I checked your Excel file and found your chart’s data source is external Workbook/file. That’s why your axis data is not rendered or missing in the output PDF file. Please note, Aspose.Cells does not support to render charts whose data source is external, the data source must exist/present in the same workbook. After you paste or make the underlying (external) data present in the same workbook, then change the data source range to current workbook to re-save the Excel file. Now Aspose.Cells will render Excel charts fine in the output PDF.

Hi @veera.mediboyina
We have reviewed the documents you provided and have the following two points to communicate with you:
1, When I open the xlsx in Excel, Two warning messages are generated, see screenshot. Are there additional external data sources that need to be provided to us?
2, Open the XLSX file, there is a“0” rendering in Excel, but not in PDF, whether this is what you said the problem, or need to investigate with the external data source, please confirm, thank you.
Please also leave a screenshot of your desired rendering(in your excel interface).
check0517.png (10.0 KB)

Hi @amjad.sahi,

Thanks for your quick response. As per your instruction, I have placed data source in the same excel template, still horizontal(catgeory) axis not rendered in output PDF.

Can you please have look into attached files.
Horizontalcategoryaxis.zip (21.7 KB)

@veera.mediboyina,

Thanks for the newer file.

We reproduced the issue as you mentioned by using your (newer) template XLSX file to convert to PDF. We found horizontal axis (data) is missing in rendered PDF charts from Excel chart.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSJAVA-45409

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi @veera.mediboyina
Using your newly uploaded file, we can find problems and optimize them. The optimized result is shown in the figure and will take effect at the next release.
output0518.png (1.2 KB)

Hi @leoluo,

Thanks for your quick response!

@veera.mediboyina
You are welcome!
Please be patient and wait for the next version 23.6.

Hi @veera.mediboyina
Please get Apose.cells for java 23.6 to fix this issue.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-45409) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 23.7.