Horizontal Grid-Lines of chart are not appearing properly in PDF output

Hello,

I am using Aspose.cells for Java v8.6.2.1 to take PDF of Chart 51 in the attached excel file (refer - InvalidPdf.xls). The horizontal grid-lines in the PDF generated using Aspose are not same as in the actual chart. The grid-lines are dashed, but the spaces between the dashes have more width than the grid-line-spaces in actual chart.

I have used the following sample code to generate the PDF:

void chartToPDF() throws Exception {
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“InvalidPdf.xls”);
WorksheetCollection ws = workbook.getWorksheets();
Chart chart = workbook.getWorksheets().get(0).getCharts().get(“Chart 51”);
chart.toPdf(“D:\response_chart51_8.6.2.1.pdf”);
}

Can you please analyse this issue.

Hi Neha,

Thank you for the samples.

We are able to replicate the said problem on our side therefore we have logged this incident as CELLSJAVA-41604 for further investigation. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSJAVA-41604 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the latest fix you provided but unfortunately the issue is still not resolved. I have generated the chart’s PDF using Aspose.Cells v8.6.2.4 but the horizontal grid-lines in the PDF are still not the same as in the actual chart.

I have attached the PDF taken using Aspose.Cells v8.6.2.4 as well as Excel generated PDF.

Thanks,
Neha

Hi Neha,

Thank you for writing back.

If you compare the PDF file generated with previous release against the one generated with Aspose.Cells for Java 8.6.2.4, you will notice there is considerable change in the gaps of dashes in the horizontal lines. Please check the comparison snapshot attached. If you are still not satisfied with the results, we can talk to the concerned member of the product team to discuss if there is room for further improvements.

Hi,

Kindly compare the difference between the actual chart PDF generated using Excel and the one generated using Aspose.

For your reference, I have attached the difference between the two. Hope that would help understanding the actual difference.

Ideally, it should look alike what is shown in the source Excel file.

Thanks,
Neha

Hi Neha,

Thank you for the snapshot.

I have reopened the previously logged ticket CELLSJAVA-41604 and have requested the concerned member of the product team to review this case again to find room for further improvements. As soon as we receive any updates, we will post here for your kind reference.

Hi,

We have fixed the issue CELLSJAVA-41604.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41604) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I have used Aspose.Cells v8.6.3 to generate the PDF of Chart 51 in the attached Excel file. Although there is considerable improvement in the Horizontal-Gridlines in PDF output, but the spaces between the dashed Horizontal-Gridlines in Aspose-Generated PDF are much more than the spaces in dashed Horizontal-Gridlines in Excel Generated PDF.

I have attached the screenshot comparing the Excel-generated PDF and Aspose-generated PDF.

Zoom-in both PDFs to a level so that the chart from both appears to be of same size to see the difference.

Thanks,
Neha

HI Neha,

Thank you for trying the latest version.

We have logged your comments to the aforementioned ticket and have requested the concerned member of the product team to review the scenario to find room for improvements. We will let you know as soon as we get updates in this regard.

Hello,

Is there any update on this issue?

Thanks,
Neha
Hi Neha,

I am afraid, we haven't yet received any updates regarding the issue logged earlier as CELLSJAVA-41604. However, we have requested the concerned member of the product team to share an ETA for it. As soon as we get any updates in this regard, we will share here for your kind reference.

Hello,

Can you please provide an update on this issue?

Thanks,
Neha

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are
afraid, there is no update for you regarding this issue at this moment.
However, we have logged your comment in our database against this issue
and again requested the product team to provide some fix or ETA for this
issue. Once there is some news for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) for dotted-line. As the width is too small(0.25pt), Aspose.Cells does not generate exactly same result as excel. Let us know your feedback.