How can get field's data value

in word automation programatic, the field class have a “Data” property which can store some additional information. you can look below picture for more detail:
https://pjkzua.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2peiV3XGas-Dhx4fp-G6L3OyW1OHF1XyckExm2G_C0sJrlhVQhS7RdllHZjHDVLS0d69ML8N69ejoIxcx_DuACZHPsSbEZ--0h9XRErsJshfw/field%20data.jpg?psid=1

but in aspose,i can’t find equivalent property, does aspose not implement this property yet?

thanks.

Hi Pyntia,

Thanks for your inquiry. Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Field.Data property returns or sets data in an ADDIN field. The data is not visible in the field code or result; it is only accessible by returning the value of the Data property. If the field isn’t an ADDIN field, this property will cause an error.

Aspose.Words does not support this property.

Moreover, a field in a Word document is a complex structure consisting of multiple nodes that include field start, field code, field separator, field result and field end. Fields can be nested, contain rich content and span multiple paragraphs or sections in a document. The Field class is a “facade” object that provides properties and methods that allow to work with a field as a single object.

The Start, Separator and End properties point to the field start, separator and end nodes of the field respectively.

hi, Tahir
thank you for your reply.

does aspose can support this feature in future version ?

Hi Pyntia,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have logged the requested feature (Field.Data property same as Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Field.Data) as WORDSNET-9630 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will look into the possibility of implementation of this requested feature. Once we have any information about this feature, we will update you via this thread.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi,Tahir

thank you very much.

hi, Tahir

is any message for this question?

thanks

Hi Pyntia,

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently, this feature request is pending for analysis and is in the queue. We will update you via this forum thread once there is any update available about this feature.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

please increase the inquirement’s priority, some company’s document has addin field to store sensitive information, but in current aspose can not read it.

thanks

Hi Pyntia,

Thanks for your request.

I don’t see a “Priority Support” badge associated with your account. I am afraid, we won’t be able to raise the priority of this issue as you reported this issue via our normal forum. Please note that when an issue is reported via normal (free) support forum we make no promises about estimations on when a fix can/will be delivered. Could you please use the “Priority Support” account of your company and post your query in Aspose.Priority Forum to be able to raise the priority of this issue.

In case you don’t have a Priority/Enterprise support subscription, please visit the following Enhanced Support options:
https://helpdesk.aspose.com/kb/faq/2-Developer-Business-Support-Key-Benefits-Conditions

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

hi, Awais
report a uncompatible issue:

a document has Addin field and the field has custom data property, when use aspose read it and resave, the field’s data property will be missing.

i know aspose unsupport it, but can not be cut off document’s information. isn’t it?

Hi Pyntia,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, Aspose.Words does not support the requested feature. However, we will update you via this forum thread once this feature is available.

Normally when an issue is reported by a customer it is added to the pool of current issues being worked on by our developers is analysed in a timely manner. However due to the nature of some bugs and the number of features we are working on, this doesn’t always mean we can fix every bug within a short time after it’s reported.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.