How can I convert excel file to word?

Hello sir.
I am a new user of aspose.
I would like to convert excel file to word.
Can I convert excel file to word using aspose?

@arnoldbenda,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid currently we do not have the option to directly save Excel files to MS Word format. However as a workaround, you may consider using Aspose.Excel to convert MS Excel files to PDF format using Aspose.Cells for .NET and then convert PDF file to DOC format using Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

Thank you for reply .
I am using java .
Is this possible with java?

@arnoldbenda,

The same features are also supported in Java versions of Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Pdf. Please visit

Hello sir.
Thank you for reply.
I converted pdf to doc file .
But the doc file is very poor.
This is my code .

com.aspose.pdf.Document pdfDocument = new com.aspose.pdf.Document("E2PDFC-out.pdf");

pdfDocument.save("test.doc",SaveFormat.Doc);

Here are pdf and doc files.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEc51fOoK5kOU5wZ01lYkJuc2M/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEc51fOoK5kX3NmWlVsc2lCanc/view?usp=sharing
How can I fix this issue?
desc.png (173.7 KB)

@arnoldbenda,

Thanks for sharing the sample files.

I have tested the conversion of PDF to DOC format using Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.8 and I am unable to notice any issue. As per my observations, the PDF contents are properly rendering in DOC file. For your reference, I have also attached the output generated over my end. E2PDFC-out.zip (918.1 KB)

Hello .
I am a new user of aspose.pdf.
I would like to convert pdf file to word using aspose.pdf.
My pdf file is consist of tables.
I append pdf file .
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEc51fOoK5kOU5wZ01lYkJuc2M/view?usp=sharing
After I convert this pdf file, I can get a word file.
test.zip (188.5 KB)

com.aspose.pdf.Document pdfDocument = new com.aspose.pdf.Document("E2PDFC-out.pdf");

pdfDocument.save("test.doc",SaveFormat.Doc);

But the word file is not same as pdf file.
desc.png (173.7 KB)
Pls help me.

@arnoldbenda,

As shared above, please try using the latest release of Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.8. In case you encounter any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Thank you for reply.I cannot open your doc file.
what is your office version?
I am using office 2013.
I cannot open your doc file.

Please check last page.
I can see correct the first and second pages.
But the doc file’s last page has issue.
Thanks

@arnoldbenda,

I have used MS Word 2013 to view the document and earlier shared file was archived to ZIP format so that size of document is reduced.

@arnoldbenda,

Thanks for sharing the details. I am afraid I during earlier analysis, the review of subsequent pages got skipped. However I have managed to observe the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFJAVA-37126 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Thanks for reply.
Let me wait.
After you fixed it, pls let me know.
Thanks.

@arnoldbenda,

Once the fix becomes available, we will surely update you within this forum thread.

Hello @codewarior ,
I am looking for the direct conversion of excel to doc.
Does aspose have developed anything for the same for .NET ,yet??

Thanks

@Gauravmiri,

Please note that Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel documents are completely different file formats. So some features that are available in Microsoft Word are not available in Microsoft Excel and vice versa and it is difficult to convert from Word to Excel and from Excel to Word with 100% fidelity.

Therefore, there is no direct way to convert Excel document to Word. However, it is possible using Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells API. Please use the attached utility to convert Excel document to Word document. It converts the Excel file to a Word file the way a page is displayed in Excel’s print preview.

ConverterXls2Doc converterXls2Doc = new ConverterXls2Doc();
    Workbook workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(dataDir + "Sample.xlsx");
    Document convertedWordDoc = converterXls2Doc.Convert(workbook);
    convertedWordDoc.Save( dataDir + "ExcelToWordOut.docx");

ConverterXls2Doc_DotNet.zip (8.7 KB)

Hope, this helps.

@ahsaniqbalsidiqui i am unable to download this as its a private file.

@Gauravmiri,

You can download the file from Dropbox.

@Gauravmiri,

Another way to accomplish your task can be: Convert MS Excel to PDF file format using Aspose.Cells and then render PDF to MS Word document using Aspose.PDF. Please check the following topics and let us know if you see any issue.

Convert an Excel file to PDF file format
Convert PDF to Doc/Docx file format

Hope, this helps a bit.

@Amjad_Sahi I have tried this too.
But we need the docx editable.