How can I interrupt while the formula is being calculated

There is a way to interrupt the calculation before the real calculation(beforeCalculate),But if the formula is in the process of calculation, is there any way to interrupt
image.png (5.9 KB)

@xhaixia,

We will check your issue and get back to you soon.

@xhaixia,

I am afraid, this feature is not supported. But we can evaluate it and provide you some partial solution for your scenario/case (if you encounter such kind of situation which demands the interruption while formulas are being processed). Please provide us sample test case and sample Excel file(s) with details for your scenario. We will check it soon.

don’t have a corresponding excel example here. I want to ask this question because I saw that there are more than a dozen threads stuck in the formula calculation at the customer’s site, and they still don’t release after an hour
image.jpg (65.2 KB)

@xhaixia,

For your information, there can be too many possible functions and data processing progresses that may cause such kind of issue, especially when the formula references to a large range of data. I am afraid, without your template file, we have to check all possible places and determine whether we should add the monitor mechanism. That surely requires more time for us to implement this feature properly. Moreover, monitoring the progress and checking the interruption will surely require extra time.

If you need us to implement this feature for your situation and provide a fix sooner, the sample case with template to reproduce the performance issue would be much helpful. Otherwise, we will check those possible codes by ourselves, and try to add the monitor for some scenarios which seem most possible and reasonable to us. Moreover, such kind of patch may be just suitable for user’s specific situation and to solve his problem, or may be not able to work for your situation.

@xhaixia
Please let us know which version of our product are you using corresponding to your screenshot “image.png”, the information will help us to look into the issue and provide you some patches soon.

@xhaixia,

We have added interruption check for processing large data set while calculating formulas now. The enhancement will be included in our upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v23.1) which is scheduled in the next week of January 2023. However, as we said, there are so many scenarios that may cause the process hung while calculating formulas. More enhancements can only be made according to users’ concrete situations.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-44172) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 23.1.