Free Support Forum - aspose.com

How could I use CRAM-MD5 for IMAP authentication?

Hello,
I have a IMAP account which password has some special characters (é è ) and cannot get the IMAP client, I will get a login error when create the client. It also tried S22.IMAP, and I can connect to the IMAP server using CRAM-MD5 authentication method. But I’m not clear how to use Aspose to connect with CRAM-MD5. Could someone help me on this?
Thanks

@xieming95at163.com,
Welcome to our community! Thank you for the query. Could you clarify which programming language you are using with Aspose.Email, please?

Hello,
sorry for my unclear description.
I’m using C# with Aspose.Email 20.2.

@xieming95at163.com,
There were many updates after version 20.2. Please check the issue with the password characters with the latest version of Aspose.Email. If the problem persists, please confirm it.

I added a ticket with ID EMAILNET-40250 to our tracking system. Our development team will investigate this possibility. I will inform you of any progress.

Hello
Today I try with Aspose.Email 21.4, but it will not automatically use CRAM-MD5 for authentication. May be there are some properties or configurations need changed to use CRAM-MD5.
Currently I’m just create a IMAP client like this:
var client = new ImapClient(host, port, username, password, securityOptions);
Thanks,

@xieming95at163.com,
Thank you for the additional information. When I have some news about it, I will answer you at once.