I would like to replicate the functionality described here:
*Can’t take credit for this but I found this forum post from user “Mike” at
- Display the Developer Tab on the ribbon. (Open word options, then click the check-box in the Popular section.)
- With your template open, navigate to the Developer tab.
- Click the Protect Document button. (You should see a sidebar.)
- Under Editing Restrictions, click “Allow only this type of editing in the document” and set the dropdown to “No changes (Read only)”
- Click somewhere in your template that isn’t the header/footer and hold Ctrl-A to select all.
- Under the Exceptions part of the sidebar now displayed in Editing restrictions, click the check-box for ‘Everyone’. In other words, your entire document is read-only except for the main part in the middle, which can be edited by everyone.
- Click the “Yes, Start Enforcing Protection” button, and set a password if you want to.
More info here:
windows, microsoft-word, microsoft-office
asked by CT. on 07:38PM - 21 May 10
I have looked through these links on the Aspose site:
Is it possible to make few sections of a word document read only using ASPOSE. This message was posted using Page2Forum from WriteProtection - Aspose.Words for .NET and Java
But this does not appear to be the same functionality. Is there a way to access the functionality in Word through Aspose described in the first link?