How do I add a Chart to a Content Placeholder

I would like to add an editiable chart to a “Content Placeholder 2”. I can isolate the placeholder, but I cannot find any methods to add the chart in the placeholder. Any help?

Hi David,

I regret to share that at the moment the Aspose.Slides for .NET Placeholder class can have text contents only. For further assistance please visit the Document Object Model. An issue with ID 24422 has been created in our issue tracking system as new feature request to further investigate the possibility of implementation of the said feature. This thread has also been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue is resolved.

Morever, Aspose.Slides for .NET offers to add the shape at any place on the slide and of any size. You may use the shapes features to add the shape at any desired place on the slide. Please visit the link for further information.

Thanks and Regards,

The Document Object Model link is for PPT 97-2003. I need PPT 2007. Where do charts fit in? Right now I'm struggling to find the documentation to explain how to format a chart (i.e., add data labels, reduce font size, change color theme to match a PPT 2007 theme, etc.). Can you point me to this documenation? Thanks.

I have been using the code example (VB.NET for PPT 2007) from the "Creating a chart from scratch" and I have a few basic questions.

(1) How do I create a blank chart with no series, no categories, no data? I would prefer to add my data, series, and categories.

(2) How do I count the series or categories in my chart?

(3) How do show data labels in my chart?

(4) How do I change the font of the category labels, series labels, data labels, etc?

(5) Where are the workbooks associated with charts? Do they exist on their own or are they embedded in the chart?

(6) If I have a 2D array with data and labels, can i copy the entire array to the workbook and set the entire range to create a new chart?

Hi David,

I like to share that at the moment we are working on some major update in the chart options in Aspose.Slides for .NET by removing dependency of Aspose.Slides for .NET on Aspose.Cells for .NET. There are many expected changes in API regarding chart support. I will really appreciate if you may please wait for the new updated version of Aspose.Slides for .NET which is expected to be released by end of this month.

For the time being, I may suggest you to please follow a good always working solution by not to create charts from scratch. It's better to make template with all necessary formatting in PowerPoint and later use it with Aspose.Slides and just change chart/table data. You may also add the chart using Aspose.Slides for .NET at the moment using default settings. I will also try to add the DOM for PPTX with new product release in online documentation as well. I really appreciate your cooperation for that.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi -

I see the new aspose.slides has been released, but I do not see help files / examples that address my questions above. The most obvious question is how do we create a new chart and add data using the new dll without using the cells dependency?

Thanks,

Dave

Dear Dave,

Yes, you are right that Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.0.0 has been related. I shall be needing some time for working with new API and modifying the online documentation as well. I will share information with you. I have already requested our development team for this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

I need to decide whether to renew my subscription to Aspose Slides this week. Has any work been done on the 2007 documentation? It doesn’t look like there are any demos that address editable charts using the new API (w/o Cells). I posed my questions over a month ago. When do you expect to update?

Hello Dave,

I like to share that at the moment the chart engine is still dependent on Aspose.Cells for .NET. We are currently working on completely isolating Aspose.Slides for .NET from Aspose.Cells for .NET. This will involve complete implementation and re-writing of charts support. As shared earlier, at the moment you can use the template chart and modify that. Unfortuantely, creating chart from scratch is unavailable at the moment and that is why the documentation is not updated for this. We are hopeful to provide this feature in Q2 release of Aspose.Slides for .NET.

Thanks and Regards,

I was told on 2/18/2011 that the new version was released. Was this feature left out? When in Q2 can I expect a new release with editable charts not dependent on Cells? Can I get an extention on my renewal period until the new version is released, new documentation is published, and i’ve had a chance to review it? I’ve had this product for one year now and have still not been able to use it as required.

Hello Dave,

I like to share that the chart support was introduced in Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.4.0. In subsequent version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.0.0, some improvements have been carried out along with removal of dependency on specified version of Aspose.Cells for .NET. I will share the road map for the implementation of complete isolation of Aspose.Slides for .NET from Aspose.Cells for .NET after consultation and response from our development team. Usually, the product release is made at the end of quarter. For, extension in renewal of your license, I have shared it with our higher management and they will discuss further details with you.

We feel really sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 24422) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)