How do we open and save excel in Visio digram?

Hi Aspose team,

In visio, we have excel as embedded object. We need to open and save the excel programmatically - using aspose.diagram. We need to modify in OLE object.

We have tried with the below link.

But, we could not achieve for excel.

Also we attached our code, Visio.

Could you please help us.

Thank you.BigExcelTest.zip (2.2 MB)

@rengnext

Thanks for contacting support.

It seems you did not share embedded XLSX file along with the Visio Diagram which you have shared. While testing the scenario we received following exception.

Exception_.png (5.4 KB)

Would you please share respective Excel Worksheet with us, so that we can test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply,

I have updated the Visio file. Please take it.

Additional info:
Our issue: The embedded excel files are big size (>5MB). We need to reduce the size.

If we manually open & save the excel, then the excel size is reduced to KB. (We extracted excel from visio)

The same thing we tried via aspose diagram (Open & save the excel programmatically), then it doesn’t work.

Thanks.
Test002.zip (2.5 MB)

@rengnext

Thanks for sharing requested Diagram file.

We have tested the scenario in our environment and were able to notice that Worksheet data was not visible in output Diagram file. We also tried to save the Worksheet at physical location and found them fine. For detailed investigation, we have logged an issue as DIAGRAMNET-51602 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into details of the issue and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Asad,

We hope you are working in this work (ticket ID: ** DIAGRAMNET-51602** ).

Could you please let us know the status? Because of this issue our work is in pending.

Thank you.

@rengnext

We would like to inform you that your issue has been resolved and its fix will be available in upcoming revision of the API i.e. Aspose.Diagram for .NET 19.4. As soon as new version of the API is available, we will inform you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-51602) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for .NET 19.4.

@asad.ali,

Thanks for your update. I will try with ‘Aspose.Diagram for .NET 19.4’ then update the status.