How I can modify the properties (Signed- security) of the PDF that I obtain from the Word?

Hello,

I'm trying Aspose.Words for Java, and I have a problem with the PDF that I'm getting.

I can't sign the PDF file with Acrobat Reader.

If I see the file properties in Acrobat Reader, I can see that the signature is not permitted. Is it possible to change this property when I'm transforming the Word file to PDF? Do I need another module Aspose?

Thank you

Cesc Capdevila

Hi Cesc,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario with Aspose.Words for Java 13.12.0 by executing the following simple code and was not able to observe this problem on my side. The screenshot is attached which was captured when this .pdf was opened with Adobe Acrobat X v10.1.2. In the attached out.pdf, could you please clarify where the issue is?
Document doc = new Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
builder.writeln(“A paragraph is written”);
doc.save(“c:\temp\out.pdf”);
Best regards,

Thank you for your help,

But I need to use Adobe Reader, if you open your PDF out.pdf with Acrobat Reader you can to see that the signature is not allowed.

If I use the Adobe Acrobat X o Adobe Acrobat Professional I don’t have any problem. But the users only have Adobe Reader,

Best regards,

Cesc Capdevila

Hi Cesc,

Thanks for the additional information.

This doesn’t seem to be a problem in Aspose.Words as it correctly mimics the behavior of Microsoft Word i.e. the problem can still be observed in Adobe Reader when you open Microsoft Word generated Pdf document with it.

Secondly, it could be that Adobe Reader doesn’t show the value of “Signing” as “Allowed” because it can only read the content and can’t modify/sign Pdf documents whereas with Adobe Acrobat you can sign Pdf documents and modify their content. I am moving your thread in Aspose.Pdf forum where you’ll be guided appropriately.

Best regards,

Hi Cesc,

Aspose.Pdf for .NET provides the feature to apply/update/remove security constraints over the PDF file. However in recent release version, we have observed that PDF signing feature is not being enabled when using the following code snippet. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem
as PDFNEWNET-36397 in our issue tracking system. We will further
look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status
of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for
this inconvenience.

[C#]

//create DocumentPrivileges object<o:p></o:p>

DocumentPrivilege privilege = DocumentPrivilege.ForbidAll;

privilege.ChangeAllowLevel = 2;

privilege.AllowFillIn = true;

//open PDF document

PdfFileSecurity fileSecurity = new PdfFileSecurity();

fileSecurity.BindPdf("c:/pdftest/output.pdf");

//set document privileges

fileSecurity.SetPrivilege(privilege);

// save updated document

fileSecurity.Save(“c:/pdftest/SigningAllowed_output.pdf”);

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-36397) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.1.0.

For further details, you may check this blog post.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Cesc,

Thanks for your patience.

We have further investigated the issue PDFNEWNET-36397 reported earlier and it does not seem to be a bug. Please note that Acrobat Standard edition only allows the user to add the form fill-in and save Reader extension. In order to add the digital signature Reader extension, you need to have Acrobat Pro. So in this case Signing property is always false while using Acrobat Reader.