How modify gdb

now we can read gdb, but how modify feature attribute or shape, thanks

@lsl,
I’ve added an example of how to modify feature attributes and geometries to the Aspose.GIS Examples repository. Please take a look https://github.com/aspose-gis/Aspose.GIS-for-.NET/blob/master/Examples/CSharp/Layers/ModifyFeatures.cs

thanks , but all your examples are modify source layer and save to result layer , can we save back to source layer ,we want a Update method on Aspose.Gis.VectorLayer

@lsl

In place updates feature attributes and geometries are currently not supported. I’ve logged ticket GISNET-346 for implementation of this functionality. I’ll notify you once as soon as there any updates on this.

Meanwhile, could you share why creating a new layer for modified features doesn’t work for you? Is it because of performance considerations, or do you find current API difficult to use in your use case, or something else? Thank you for your feedback!

Imagine that there are 20 layers in a GDB. you need copy all the layers because you only modify one feature in one layer, the performance will be very poor.
Our data is very large, there are many layers, totally hundred millions of features
Arcgis engine is 32 bits.32-bit program users can only use 2G of memory. We don’t have enough memory for complex operations at all, so we want to use aspose.gis under 64-bit.

Meanwhile, we have some feature request
1.Spatial query : VectorLayer with VectorLayer or geometry
2. In place (insert,delete) field with a layer,modify fields of layer and the name of layer.

thanks

@lsl,
Thank you for the details, they are really helpful.
Aspose.GIS already supports Update mode on the Dataset level. Once you open a dataset with Dataset.Open, you can create or remove its layers in-place. But on the level of a VectorLayer now there is no way to update data in-place, and I can see how this is problematic with very big data sets.

I’ve logged GISNET-348, GISNET-350 and GISNET-351 for spatial queries, in-place attribute table modifications, and layer renaming correspondingly.

any update? ~…~

Hi, @lsl

We have planned this functionality for the 4th quarter of 2020. And we will start working at the end of this month. The solution requires significant and complex work. We will add an edit mode for each vector-based format in turn.

Thanks.

any update? ~…~

We spent a few time to analyze this features. Also we implemented a “add in exist layer” possibility for the shapefile and database formats. Deletion and adding are required for editing (one of the steps). But we had to switch to other tasks (some bugs). We plan to return to these tasks.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

any update? …

@lsl,

We will get back to you with updates soon.

any upate? you can get some ideas from gdal which support this @Amjad_Sahi

The task requires a redesign of the internal architecture, so we postpone it. However, we have already taken steps to solve it, but we cannot give exact estimates.

any update ?

We are already planning for the next six months. And today we discussed your task. We got the resources to fix it.

We have made the “ToEdit” mode. However, it overwrites complete file data, which does not solve the problem. We made the “InMemory” mode, it works with the entire file in memory. We plan to make the “InFIleEdit” to solve the problem (details is underwork).

Thanks for keeping the focus on this issue.

Is there any update? I can help test it out

Thank you for your attention to the task. We have started working on it and plan to release it before the end of the year.

Best regards