How should I make the digital signature of the inserted document active (verify) to the main document?

My client has a digitally signed pdf document. The request is that I insert it into a word document (main doc) using a specific tag. I’m fine with that up to this point, because I convert pdf file to a word document and then I insert it to the main document. Though, it is important for him that the digital signature is “active” in the final document, so that it can be verified. Could you please tell me how I should proceed? Is it necessary for me to have his certificate file (.pfx)?

(I tried unsuccessfully to verify it. The only thing that worked well it was to insert the input document to the main document, though the digital signature was like an image or so.)

@panCognity It is not possible to preserve digital signature if you convert the PDF document to Word document. To preserve the original digital signature on the PDF document you should insert it into the Word document as is. It could be done either instead or along with converted Word document. Please check the DocumentBuilder.InsertOleObject method API reference.

As the PDF is in Greek and some pdfs are scanned, I have losses during insertion into the main document, so I cannot preserve the original PDF. That’s why I convert it to docx and then insert it in the main document. My client wants me to have all the information inserted and not inserted like an OLE Object. Additionally, the output may be in a different network file. Is there any way that I could solve this?

@panCognity This way you cannot preserve the digital signature. You should sign the output document again.

Thank you for your answer. I appreciate it.

1 Like