How to add a bitmap image to diagram?

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out how do I add a shape that is a bitmap to the diagram using Aspose.Diagram?

I tried code like this, and it didn’t seem to work:

using (Stream stream = new MemoryStream())
{
bitmap.Save(stream, ImageFormat.Png);
stream.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin);
byte[] buffer = new byte[stream.Length];
stream.Read(buffer, 0, (int)stream.Length);
visioShape.Type = TypeValue.Foreign;
visioShape.ForeignData.CompressionLevel = 0.05;
visioShape.ForeignData.ForeignType = ForeignType.Bitmap;
visioShape.ForeignData.CompressionType = CompressionType.PNG;
visioShape.ForeignData.Value = buffer;
}
visioDiagram.Pages[0].Shapes.Add(visioShape);

Thanks,

Charley

Hi Charley,

Thank you for contacting technical support. I’m sorry to share with you that this feature is not supported. I have a logged a feature request to import a bitmap image as a shape in the diagram. This task has been logged under ticket id DIAGRAM-33432 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue. We will let you know once it is supported and available for public use. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

Any new news on this? Is there any way to add a bitmap to Visio document currently?

Thanks,

Charley

Hi Charley,

Thank you for your inquiry. I’m afraid. This issue is pending for analysis and not resolved yet. I have asked the responsible developer to take a look at your issue shortly. As soon as any information is shared by him, I will be more than happy to share that with you.

Hi Charley,

Thank you for being patient. I have received a response from our development team. It is going to take some time before this issue is resolved. I would like to add that we always try to analyze and fix any issues the earliest possible. Nevertheless, sometimes there are certain unique scenarios and issues which can’t be resolved quickly.

I hope you understand and we really appreciate your cooperation.

Any update? If this is not resolved I fear we’ll have to go to another vendor in the future. This is blocking an important feature in our application.

Thanks,

Charley

Hi Charley,

Thank you for asking about an update. I’m afraid. It is not resolved yet. I’ve discussed your issue with our development team. They have plans to support this operation feature in the third quarter of year 2014. It’s all depend upon if everything goes by plan. Please be patient and spare us a little time.

Hi Charley,

In addition to that we have already raised the priority of the issue to High and it will now be considered in High Priority issue queue which is the maximum priority level for Aspose.BarCode forum support.

The High priority level comes after Priority support and Enterprise support levels that are among paid support. If you are looking to further escalate this issue, then we suggest you to look into purchasing the priority or enterprise support package. Please see the Support Options page for details.

Please let us know in case of further questions or comments.

PS: Please note that purchasing Priority Support or enterprise support will not guarantee fixing the problem immediately.

OK thanks for the update. We’ll wait for Q3 for the feature to proceed.

Thank you!

Charley

[quote user=“imran.rafique”]Hi Charley,

Thank you for asking about an update. I’m afraid. It is not resolved yet. I’ve discussed your issue with our development team. They have plans to support this operation feature in the third quarter of year 2014. It’s all depend upon if everything goes by plan. Please be patient and spare us a little time.

[/quote]

Hi Charley,

Sure, we will keep you informed of any progress and let you know in this forum thread.

Hi, is there any update on this feature?

Hi Charley,

Thank you for your inquiry. I’m sorry to share with you that currently there is no news about this feature support. Nevertheless, I’ve intimated our development team again. Please be patient and spare us a little time.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAM-33432) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.