How to add a tab to Doc

Hi,
I am converting HTML to DOC using aspose words java.

Detecting empty space in my HTML, can i create a new tab in the paragraphs and add the same to the DOC?

If so please guide me how i can add the tabs to the paragraphs in DOC.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input and output documents here for testing? I will check the problem on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

This is my HTML,

"<p style="margin:0pt 0pt 5pt" ><span style="font-family:Calibri; font-size:11pt" >hi</span><span style="font-family:Calibri; font-size:11pt" >&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span><span style="font-family:Calibri; font-size:11pt" >&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</span><span style="font-family:Calibri; font-size:11pt" >2tab</span><span style="font-family:Calibri; font-size:11pt" >&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</span><span style="font-family:Calibri; font-size:11pt" >1tab</span></p>"

When i convert the above HTML as DOC i want to replace the 13 continuous "&nbsp;" into TAB in DOC. I want to insert a TAB in the the Word DOC instead of the white space presently put by aspose. I want to preserve TAB as tab in DOC & not as white space.

I am attaching the DOC(both input & output) i got in conversion. Please help to add TAB to the o/p DOC instead of this white space("&nbsp") because TAB present in original file is lost in this conversion.

Hi
Thank you for additional information. You can try using the following code:

Document doc = new Document("docwithouttaboutput.doc");
doc.DefaultTabStop = 72;
doc.Range.Replace("\x00a0\x00a0\x00a0\x00a0\x00a0\x00a0\x00a0\x00a0\x00a0\x00a0\x00a0\x00a0\x00a0", "\t", true, false);
doc.Save("out.doc");

But you should note, all paragraphs in your document can have different TabStop settings. In my code, DefaultTabStop has been specified for whole document.
Best regards,

Hi,
I am sorry, but couldn’t understand your code sample.
i am converting HTML to DOC, but in the above code sample you provided both the input & output are doc.

Please help me, what i have to do to get TAB in DOC when i convert HTML to DOC as it was in the original input document.

Should i also, make changes in code for conversion of DOC to HTML too to achieve in conversion from HTML to DOC?

Hi
There is no direct way to achieve what you need. But using the code from my previous post you can replace 13 " " with “tab”.
Please just change the first line:

Document doc = new Document("in.html");

Where in.html it is your HTML.
Best regards,

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, with “\t” i am able to add a tab in a DOC.

But problem persists. “\x00a0” does not seem to represent or identify a " " in the DOC.

So i am not able to replace the Please help me out on how to replace .

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Non-Breaking Characters are represented as “\x00a0” in Word document. Please see the following link:
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/controlchar/nonbreakingspace/
Best regards,