How to add activex control in ppt using Aspose 7.1.1?

Hi Jatinder Kumar,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

Please share the sample code with us witch which you are getting the shared exception. I will observe the same on my end and will create the ticket for that in our issue tracking system. Please also share the source presentation if there is any.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Here is the code that we are using. We are getting error on the very first line new PresentationEx().

This is not working on Windows as well with release build i.e when running from jar executable.

Exception on Windows : invalid SHA1 signature file digest for com/aspose/slides/Collections/Generic/c.class

ppt = new PresentationEx();

LoadOptions lo = new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.Auto);
lo.setDefaultRegularFont("Arial");
lo.setDefaultAsianFont("Arial");
lo.setDefaultSymbolFont("Arial");

For loop for number of slides to create

{

SlidesEx slide = ppt.getSlides();
int slideno = slide.addClone(ppt.getSlides().get_Item(0));
SlideEx sld = ppt.getSlides().get_Item(slideno);
int posImages = 0;

ImageEx imgx = ppt.getImages().addImage(image);

// Add Picture Frame with height and width equivalent of Picture
int iPictureIndex = sld.getShapes().addPictureFrame(ShapeTypeEx.Rectangle,
positionImage[posImages][0], positionImage[posImages][1],
positionImage[posImages][2], positionImage[posImages][3],
imgx);

PictureFrameEx picFrame = (PictureFrameEx)sld.getShapes().get_Item(iPictureIndex);
AutoShapeEx ashp = (AutoShapeEx) sld.getShapes().get_Item(iTextIndex);
ashp.setUseBackgroundFill(false);//getFillFormat().setFillType(1);
// Add TextFrame to the Rectangle
ashp.addTextFrame("Image-" + iImageIndex);
ashp.setWidth(100);
ashp.setHeight(20);

}

ppt.write(pathPpt);

Hi Mudassir,

FYI : We are using Aspose slides in JavaFx applications. May be Aspose is not compatible with JavaFx.

The latest JavaFx is included in JDK 7U21. Can you confirm that Aspose works well with JavaFx applications.

Do you want JavaFx sample application to test this ??

We are struggling using Aspose slides from long time.

Any help from you will be appreciated.

Thanks

Jatinder Kumar

Hi Jatinder Kumar,

I have observed the code snippet and used it on my end using Aspose.Slides for Java 7.3.0 in Windows 7 environment. I have not been able to observe the issue specified. I am using JDK 1.6_35. Please use the specified version on your end for further investigation.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for your support. We have found the solution.

Actually net beans ide was modifying aspose.slides-7.2.0.jar file and that was the reason for these shared exceptions.

Now we are back to another problem which we were facing prior to these exceptions.

"The font problem" on MAC. Cannot find resource '/Aspose/Resources/GenBasR.ttf'

This is still not fixed in aspose aspose.slides-7.2.0.jar.

We are using the above shared code and aspose.slides-7.2.0.jar but still getting this error. Can you guide us how to get rid of this exception. Asking client to install fonts prior to using aspose slides doesn't seems a good approach.

Thanks

Hi Jatinder Kumar,

I have observed the issue and like to share that we have already added an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33790 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. I would request you to please share the source presentation with us for which you are getting the mentioned font exception. I have linked this thread with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be resolved.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

We are using aspose to create presentation from scratch. We are not using any existing presentation (source) to create the new one.

Can you tell approximate time to resolve the Font issue ?

Thanks

Jatinder Kumar

Hi Jatinder Kumar,

I like to share that I have raised the priority of the issue. The issue is still awaiting investigation and as soon as it will be scheduled for investigation and feedback will be shared by our development team, I will share the time line for resolution with you. I will really appreciate your patience till the time our development schedule and investigate the issue.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Any update on this. We are blocked at this point.

Hi Jatinder Kumar,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that the issue SLIDESJAVA-33780 related to adding support for adding ActiveX from scratch in presentation has been resolved in upcoming release Aspose.Slides for Java 7.4.0, which is expected to be released early next month. The issue SLIDESJAVA-33790 is still unresolved and I have requested the concerned developer to share the updated status. I will share the feedback with you for the issue status as soon as it will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Getting activeX in early next month is fine, I am talking another issue that is blocking us.

The font problem that I have stated above in Mac environment.

"The font problem" on MAC. Cannot find resource '/Aspose/Resources/GenBasR.ttf'

Thanks

Jatinder Kumar

Hi Jatinder Kumar,

I like to share that our development team has investigated the issue on their end and can not reproduce this issue in Ubuntu 11.10, Ubuntu 12.04.1, CentOs 6.3 and Mac OS 10.7.2 by using Aspose.Slides for Java v7.1.1 - v7.4.0. It reads the attached presentation and generates pdf without any exceptions.

Can you check this issue and share the environment OS version, JDK version along with other details with us. I have also observed that you have shared some information in this regard over this thread link.

Many Thanks,

Hi Jatinder Kumar,

Please observe the font file attached, extract and copy in your MAC/Linux installation. Then try loading that using Aspose.Slides for Java 7.3.0 with following code. As per our development team, they have not been able to reproduce the issue by using the shared font. Please share your feedback in this regard.

FontsLoader.loadExternalFonts(new String[] “/Library/Fonts”, “/Library/Fonts/Microsoft”});

Many Thanks,

Hi Jatinder Kumar,

I like to share that the support for adding ActiveX control has been added in Aspose.Slides for Java 7.4.0. Please follow this documentation link for your kind reference. The product release will be shared by 03 June, 2013. We will share the notification with you once it will be shared online.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33780) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33790) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(1)