How to add activex control in ppt using Aspose 7.1.1?

I can access activex controls using ControlEx class but how to add it from scratch ? Can you give me code to do the same ?? I guess its fixed 7.1.0 onwards ?

Anyone please? Its really urgent !!!

Hi Mohit,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides. I have observe the requirements shared by you and regret to share that the feature support is currently unavailable in Aspose.Slides to create ActiveX controls from scratch. However, the support for accessing and managing the already added ActiveX controls is available in Aspose.Slides as given over this link. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33780 as new feature request to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the feature support will be available.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Thanks for reply Mudassir but we are really stuck in the issue.
We couldn’t decide whether to invest in Aspose or not considering its limitations.

Our objective is to add a windows media player programatically at run time.

We need to have an instance of windows media player in the power-point 2007 format (pptx)
I have tried adding OLE control but couldn’t find any method to set the URL property to make it play the video.Isn’t there any way to set the URL property of media player added using OLE ?

Afterwards I tried adding adding the Activex control to add windows media player but couldn’t find any method to do so.Although as per specification I can access the control using ControlEx class.But if I can’t create the control at the first place whats the use of modifying the control ?

I don’t understand the difference between OLE control and Activex control.If both can add a windows media player on the slide whats the difference ?

Hi Mohit,

I have observed your requirement for adding Windows media player ActiveX control and have updated the issue status as well. Secondly, the only option available at the moment is to add the video frame inside your slide for displaying video content. Please visit this documentation link for your convenience.

Please visit the following link for differentiation between ActivceX object and Ole frame:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/159621

Many Thanks,

Hi ,

Can you please tell me when you create the pptx file with videoframe what player you use by default.Is it windows media player ?
I am asking this because we are not getting player controls while the video is playing in presentation.

Hi Mohit,

I like to share that in my opinion Microsoft PowerPoint use its own mechanism for playing video and is not related to Windows Media player. You can test this by un-installing the Media Player on your end. So, the default controls for media player will not be available in the slide.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for your help Mudassir,

With that being said I still have two important questions which might be related to the way we are using Aspose.

1.) While generating pptx file using Aspose(7.1.1) I can see playback controls for video files if I use Microsoft Office 2013 while they are not visible with Microsoft Office 2010 and 2007.
Can you explain if there is any help you can provide regarding this issue ?

2.) By default which player is used to play media files in pptx files generated by Aspose ?

Thanks and Regards
Mohit

Hi Mohit,

I have observed the questions shared by you. For question, I request you to please share the generated presentation along with snapshots of opened presentations in different version of PowerPoint to highlight the specified issues. I will observe it on my end to help you further.

Secondly, by default Windows Media player is used by MS Office to play videos. Please visit this web link for your kind reference.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

We are planning to buy Aspose.
Can we have a
discussion on some issues we are facing ? Also I want to ask that if we
purchase your product(Aspose slides) how much time you will take to
implement addition of activex control (Windows Media Player mainly)?

If it is possible to have a Skype talk with you/sales/support team, it will be great.
For communication related to this please contact asap.I have sent you a private message mentioning the contact details.

Regards
Mohit Garg

Hi Mohit Garg,

Thanks for your growing interest in Aspose.Slides.

For your inquiry related to time estimation related to providing support for ActiveX control, I like to share that the feature is messing in Aspose.Slides for .NET as well. It will first be implemented in Aspose.Slides for .NET and will be ported to Aspose.Slides for Java in next subsequent product release. We have scheduled the issue for initial investigation during this week. I will be able to share the possible time frame with you in this regard hopefully by end of this week.

Secondly, I also like to share that apart from subscription of Aspose.Slides which includes free support, we also offer paid priority and enterprise support. For more details about paid support, please visit the following web links.

For more details in this regard, I would suggest you to please make an inquiry in Aspose.Sales forum and you can also have a live chat session with our sales team by using the Live Chat option on bottom right corner of this thread.

Many Thanks,

What about using this Video ActiveX (http://www.videocapx.com/) thing? I try it long time ago, but still use it sometimes, nice pice of software…

Hi Nikoli,

Thanks for sharing your feedback in this thread. However, I am unable to comment on the shared product link as it lies out side of Aspose.Slides support domain.

Many Thanks,

Hello Mudassir,

The original poster of this thread, Mohit Garg, is a contractor for my organization. I just tried to get some information from a chat with sales on this topic and they couldn’t tell me anything.

Do you have any additional information you can share re the availability of this feature?

We really want to purchase Aspose.Slides for Java but management wants to know if this feature is on your road map and for approximately what time frame as this is a feature we will certainly need - if not now, in the current year or so.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

-Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Our development team is investigating the possibility of implementing the desired feature. I will share the feedback with you as soon as the response will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

While testing the creation of ppt on Mac we have found this new issue.This issue is not there in windows version.

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot find resource ‘/Aspose/Resources/GenBasR.ttf’.

I have seen similar problem in these two places by some other posters.

1.) java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot find resource '/Aspose/Resources/GenBasR.ttf'. with Aspose slides 3.0.0 for Java (Linux only)

2.) PPTX convert to pdf

Aren’t these fixed yet ? If no how long it will take to get this issue fixed.

Thanks and Regards
Mohit Garg

Hi Mohit Grag,

I have observed the issue shared along with the threads shared by you. Actually, things working in Windows and not in Mac is related to missing fonts. What I suggest you is to copy the fonts in Windows environment to your Mac system and then use FontLoader class of Aspose.Slides for Java to access the copied fonts directory in Mac. Please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 7.2.0 on your end with the mechanism shared. Please visit this thread link for your convenience and share with us if there is any further I may help you.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for quick reply Mudassir, but we need to deploy our application on different user systems.If this font issue prevails on different Systems, the above solution which you have specified may not be feasible.

Can we have a working solution from your side where all the fonts Aspose is using is present in the Aspose library itself ?

Thanks again

Hi Mohit Grag,

Can you please share the sample presentation that is getting exported to PDF in Windows environment but failing to get exported in Mac environment. I like to share that in order to avoid issue you may please try installing the used fonts in MAC environment. Please also share the list of fonts installed in MAC environment as it will be helpful in narrowing down the issue. Please also share which MAC Osx you are using along with JDK version. I have also suggested you to please give a try to Aspose.Slides for Java 7.2.0 as well on your end before sharing the requested information.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for you responses. I am Mohit's colleague.

We are using JDK 7. We have tried Aspose slides 7.2.0 and now we are getting the following exceptions on MAC OSX 10.0.6.

We are not exporting ppt to pdf. We are just creating ppts using Aspose.

[ com.aspose.slides.c.a.e.ab ] exceptionclass com.aspose.slides.c.a.e.ab: exception ---> java.io.IOException: Negative seek offset
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
com.aspose.slides.c.b.a.c.c.do(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.c.b.a.c.c.if(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.c.b.a.c.c.do(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.c.a.e.z.seek(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.int(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.if(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.(Unknown Source)
org.mvp.powerpoint.PresentationCreation.createPresentation

Can you suggest what this exception means.

Thanks

Jatinder Kumar