How to add Build in Properties for Exporting Excel file

Hi,

I am using aspose.cells.GridWeb for exporting into excel file using the following code.

grWeb.WebWorksheets.Clear()
grWeb.WebWorksheets.Add(“Sheet1”)
Dim sheet As WebWorksheet = grWeb.WebWorksheets(0)

Adding the values to the Cells property of sheet.

I want to add the build in properties to the above created sheet like Author,Creator,Keywords,
Producer,Subject and Title.

Please suggest us how to done this. It is very urgent.

Thanks,
Veeru1.

Hi,

Well, I am afraid, Aspose.Cells.GridWeb does not have this feature. I have logged your feature request into our issue tracking system with an id: CELLSNET-18747. We might look into it in future.

By the way, if you don’t need to present data into the gridweb visually and just want to save the excel file with built-in properties, you may use Aspose.Cells library that actually performs the task. See the document:
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/managing-document-properties.html

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am follow the link which you are provided, but it is like
creating the workbook object after that opening the excel file (which is physically existed in any drive or folder) and setting the properties.

But I have to set the properties at the time of exporting into excel file.

Please suggest me, how to done this.

Thanks,
Veeru1

Hi,

Well, since Aspose.Cells.GridWeb does not support to apply or export excel files with built-in properties. So, as a workaround, you may export the Excel file (obviously without setting built-in properties) to disk or so and then use Aspose.Cells API to open the generated file (by GridWeb) and add/apply the properties for the Spreadsheet and re-save the file, not sure if it fits your need though.

Thank you.