How to Add Footer in PDF document using Aspose.PDF for .NET

Can I get an example of how I would add a footer to a pdf stream I have. The stream is the concatenation of two pdf documents. Please refer to Concatenate Issue for an open issue I have with that.

In the footer of the pdf which is a stream object I would like to add the page x of y right justified and a date/time stamp on the left.

I have a seen what appears to be a couple different options to accomplish this but I am not sure:
1) What is the right way/easiest method (given that I have a stream object)
2) Why the samples I have tried do not work

Hi Robert,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the details.

Please see the following documentation links as per your requirement:

Add Page Number in a PDF File (Facades)

Add Footer in a PDF File (Facades)

Add Text Stamp on All Pages in a PDF File (Facades)

Also, as per your scenario, please refer to the following code sample regarding concatenation of PDF files and then adding page stamp and date in the footer.

//create PdfFileEditor object

PdfFileEditor pdfEditor = new PdfFileEditor();

//output stream

FileStream outputStream = new FileStream("D:/AP Data/Dec2011/footer.pdf", FileMode.Create);

//input streams

FileStream inputStream1 = new FileStream("D:/AP Data/Dec2011/input1.pdf", FileMode.Open);

FileStream inputStream2 = new FileStream("D:/AP Data/Dec2011/input2.pdf", FileMode.Open);

//concatenate file

pdfEditor.Concatenate(inputStream1, inputStream2, outputStream);

//open document

PdfFileStamp fileStamp = new PdfFileStamp(outputStream, outputStream);

//get total number of pages

int totalPages = new PdfFileInfo(outputStream).NumberOfPages;

//create formatted text for page number

FormattedText formattedText = new FormattedText("Page # Of " + totalPages, System.Drawing.Color.Black, System.Drawing.Color.White, Aspose.Pdf.Facades.FontStyle.Courier, EncodingType.Winansi, false, 10);

//set starting number for first page; you might want to start from 2 or more

fileStamp.StartingNumber = 1;

//add page number

fileStamp.AddPageNumber(formattedText, 1);

//create formatted text for page number

FormattedText formattedText2 = new FormattedText(DateTime.Now.ToShortDateString(), System.Drawing.Color.Black, System.Drawing.Color.White, Aspose.Pdf.Facades.FontStyle.Courier, EncodingType.Winansi, false, 10);

//add footer

fileStamp.AddFooter(formattedText2, 5);

//save updated PDF

fileStamp.Close();

outputStream.Close();

inputStream1.Close();

inputStream2.Close();

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Thanks for your response. Looks like the bug identified in my previous post (PDFNEWNET-32674 ) is allows hitting me on this one as well. I can get this to work fine using the example provided but when I use the memory streams it fails with the same error. Looks like I really need the above bug fixed

The bug I had reported in (PDFNEWNET-32674) and post Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.6.0.

Problem is if I try to add a footer using the methods above I am getting an error "File does not begin '%PDF-'."

Attached is a sample project showing the issue

Hi Robert,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the demo application.

I am able to generate your mentioned issue after an initial test. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-33153. You will be notified via this forum thread regarding any update against your issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33153) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

This is still not fixed

Please see attached demo project

Hi Robert,

I tested the scenario and able to notice the same problem. For rectification, I have reopened this issue in our Issue Tracking System. We will further look into the details of this issue and will keep you updated via this forum thread on the status of correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your patience.

I am very glad to inform that, your issue is resolved by the development team. Kindly add one line of code in page load method highlighted bold as mentioned below. After changing the code please check first 4 bytes of buffer. It should be 37 80 68 70 - it is %PDF

buffer = new byte[_ReportStream.Length];
_ReportStream.Position = 0;
_ReportStream.Read(buffer, 0, buffer.Length);

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Yes, that does reslove my issue

Thanks

Hi Robert,

We appreciate your time and effort in providing feedback to us. This will help us to close the issue from our issue tracking system. Please feel free to contact support in case you required any assistance in future.

Thanks & Regards,