How to bundle Aspose.Pdf.Kit.dll with my user control dll?

Hi Again!

I've created a user control (in WPF4) which employs the Aspose.Pdf.Kit.dll.

I've noticed that when I include the user control in an application (VS2010 C#.net ) I have to include not only the user control dll but the Aspose.Pdf.Kit.dll as well, and add a reference to it in the project. It would be nice from a user perspective to be able to just include a single dll for the user control, and not have to worry about other dll's.

This may be a more general question on bundling dll's, but maybe if there's a way to do it with Aspose then that method will apply more generally as well. Or, maybe it won't be an issue when I move everything to production.

Thanks!

Larry

Hi Larry,

I’m sorry to share with you that we didn’t encounter such situation before, so we need to test the scenario at our end in detail. Please spare us some time and you’ll be updated with the results accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi Larry,

We have looked into your requirement and I’m sorry to inform you that you can’t merge both assemblies into one; I’m afraid, you’ll have to add reference to the Aspose.Pdf.Kit DLL in your application along with the user control DLL.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

Actually, I did find a way to do this. There’s a utility out there called ILMerge written by Mike Barnett of Microsoft. By adding the command line for this tool to my post-build script, I was able to merge both of my external dll’s with my user control dll. Now I just have to deploy a single dll with no extra references in the front end application and it works beautifully. And, contrary to advertised, it DOES work with WPF as long as your external dll’s don’t point to any WPF applications.

If you or anyone else wants more info let me know. The ILMerge tool is at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=22914587-b4ad-4eae-87cf-b14ae6a939b0&displayLang=en

Thanks for all you help and support!

Larry

Hi Larry,

It is good to know that your requirement is fulfilled using this utility. Actually, we had that utility in mind, but as you have already noticed that the author had explicitly mentioned that it wouldn’t work with WPF, so we didn’t recommend it. Nevertheless, knowing that it works in your scenario is quite a relief. Thank you very much for sharing this with us; we might recommend this to other customers in similar scenarios. We value your feedback.

If you need any assistance from our side or have questions, please do let us know.
Regards,