How to convert PDF to PPT or XLS using Aspose.Total for C++

Hi,
I was wondering, how can i convert pdf to ppt or xls in cpp
Thanks

@kngstr

Thank you for contacting support.

We are afraid Aspose.PDF for C++ does not support PPT or XLS format at the moment. You may visit Supported File Formats for further information.

@Farhan.Raza

I bought Aspose.Total for C++. Can Aspose.Cell for C++ and Aspose.Slide for C++ help?
Thanks.

@kngstr,

From Aspose.Cells for C++ perspective, API is a spreadsheet management library which can read/load or manipulate MS Excel file formats (e.g XLS, XLSX, XLSM, CSV, Tab Delimited, ODS, SpreadsheetML, etc.) only, so this is out of context or scope for Aspose.Cells for C++ API. Similarly, from Aspose.Slides perspective, it allows to save presentation as PDF. However, the vice versa option is not available in API as per design.

@mudassir.fayyaz
Thanks.
@Farhan.Raza
Do you have plan to support pdf to ppt and pdf to xls? Thanks.

@kngstr

A feature request ticket with ID PDFCPP-717 is logged in our issue management system for PDF to PPT/PPTX conversion while PDFCPP-718 is logged to support PDF to XLS/XLSX conversion. We will let you know once these features will be supported.

@Farhan.Raza
Thanks. I’ll be waiting.

@Farhan.Raza

I was trying to convert pdf to xls/xlsx with the newest SDK.
It failed.

Here is my test project. Did I do something wrong?
Thanks.
pdftoexcelTest-cpp.zip (275.4 KB)

@kngstr

Would you please try using following complete code snippet for conversion and in case you still face any issue, please let us know.

System::SharedPtr<ExcelSaveOptions> options = System::MakeObject<ExcelSaveOptions>();
options->ConversionEngine = Aspose::Pdf::ExcelSaveOptions::ConversionEngines::NewEngine;
options->set_Format(Aspose::Pdf::ExcelSaveOptions::ExcelFormat::XLSX);
options->set_InsertBlankColumnAtFirst(false);

System::SharedPtr<Document> pdfDocument = System::MakeObject<Document>(u"document.pdf");
pdfDocument->Save(u"document.xlsx"), options);

@asad.ali

This code still not work.

@kngstr

Would you please share exception message and stack trace information in text format with us. We will further investigate the scenario and share our feedback with you.

@asad.ali

Here is my exception

exception-en.zip (1.1 KB)

@kngstr

We have logged an issue as PDFCPP-1359 in our issue tracking system for your case. We will further investigate it in details and keep you posted with its resolution status. Please be patient and give us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@asad.ali

Is there any way to fix the problem in my code or change vs version or somthing else?
Thanks.

@kngstr

The PDF to Excel conversion has recently been introduced in latest version of the API and using older/different version cannot help in this case. We are investigating this issue and will inform you as soon as we have definite updates regarding its resolution. Please spare us little time.

@asad.ali

My license is going to be expiried.
Since this is bug of SDK.
Can I get fixes or something else?

Thanks

@kngstr

We are looking into your request and will share our feedback with you soon.

@kngstr

Hotfix Aspose.PDF for C++ 20.7.1 is uploaded on both NuGet and Aspose Downloads:

You may please download and use it now.

@asad.ali

OK. Thanks

@asad.ali

I got this error message
screenshot.png (5.0 KB)

And exception still exists.