How to convert PPTX to PDF with speaker notes at bottom

When you save a PPT or PPTX to PDF in PowerPoint you can save speaker notes at the bottom of each slide.

how can we do the same thing with Aspose.slides? I need to save the presentation to PDF with speaker notes like Microsoft does.

Thank you,
Simon

Hi Simon,

I have observed the requirements shared and regret to share that at present the support for PDF notes is unenviable in Aspose.Slides for .NET. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-34950 has already been added in our issue tracking system to provide the requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

You shared this post <a href="

but it is from 2007.

It says you are working on this feature but that was 8 years ago. Is this feature still on the product plan for getting added?

Speakers TRULY NEED this feature. when presenting, you need your speaker notes at the bottom of your slide printouts.

Hi Simon,

I like to share that the feature of generating the PDF Notes was available in our legacy API Aspose.Slides for .NET 8.x.x series. This feature got disturbed when we moved from legacy to currently new merged API since last year. We have scheduled this issue for Week 10/2015 and will share the good news with you as soon as its support will be resumed in Aspose.Slides for .NET.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-34950) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(4)

Hi,

Do we have an update on this? we want this speaker notes to come when we convert to pdf.

Regards,
Neha

@NehaKatak,

I like to share that the concerned issue has been fixed since Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.5 release. I suggest you to please try using following sample code on your end to serve the purpose.

using (Presentation pres = new Presentation(path + "Translatio Deck 2.pptx"))
 {
                pres.Save(path + "after.pdf", Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.PdfNotes);
 }

Perfect ! Its working as expected.

Regards,
Neha

I have used the same way but i was getting a warning message after using this can you help me on how to implement to avoid that warning.

warning CS0618: ‘SaveFormat.PdfNotes’ is obsolete: ‘Use SaveFormat.Pdf with PdfOptions setting its property NotesCommentsLayouting.NotesPosition to NotesPosions.BottomFull instead. These enum elements will be removed after release of version 18.4.’

@pradeepdone,

I have observed your comments. I have shared code snippet to help you out. Please share feedback with us if there is still an issue.

using (Presentation presentation = new Presentation(“Presentation.pptx”))
{
PdfOptions opt = new PdfOptions();
opt.NotesCommentsLayouting.NotesPosition = NotesPositions.BottomTruncated;
opt.NotesCommentsLayouting.CommentsPosition = CommentsPositions.Right;
presentation.Save(“PresOut.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf, opt);
}

Thank u that actually worked.

Using the above code i am able to print the notes but if there is any date in the content of notes then that is not converting in to PDF .please see the attached source and converted pdf.

PdfOptions pdfOptions = new PdfOptions();
pdfOptions.DrawSlidesFrame = false;
pdfOptions.NotesCommentsLayouting.NotesPosition = NotesPositions.BottomTruncated;
pdfOptions.NotesCommentsLayouting.CommentsPosition = CommentsPositions.Right;

presentation.Save("D:\\Convert\\Date_ppt.pdf", Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf, pdfOptions);    

Source.zip (130.7 KB)

@pradeepdone,

I have used Aspose.Slides for .NET 18.6 on my end using following sample code. The exported PDF has no issue in terms of rendering date in exported PDF for shared presentation. For your kind reference, I have attached the generated PDF as well. I also suggest you to please try exporting to PDF with valid Aspose.Slides license.

public static void TestPDFDate()
{
    String path = @"C:\Aspose Data\Source\";

Presentation pres=new Presentation(path+"Test.pptx");
    PdfOptions pdfOptions = new PdfOptions();
    pdfOptions.DrawSlidesFrame = false;
    pdfOptions.NotesCommentsLayouting.NotesPosition = NotesPositions.BottomTruncated;
    pdfOptions.NotesCommentsLayouting.CommentsPosition = CommentsPositions.Right;

pres.Save(path+"Date_pptgen.pdf", Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.PdfNotes, pdfOptions);
}

Date_pptgen.pdf (23.6 KB)

Did u try the file which i have given. Notes are getting converted but whenever i am inserting date then that date is not shown in pdf. Can you please check and revert back

@pradeepdone,

I have used the file that has been shared by you over following link.

can you send me the converted file i am not able to access the file which you sent before

I have ran the same through licensed version of the code and the date is displaying when i am running through that. Looks strange for me but finally the point at least the datetime is displaying

@pradeepdone,

It is pleasing to know that things are finally working on your end after use of proper license.

Is there any that i can check whether ppt is having notes and comments inside the document

@pradeepdone,

I have observed your requirements and suggest you to please visit following documentation links for working with Slide notes (speaker notes) and comments.