How to create a pivot by using external data source

Hi,

By using Aspose, can we create Pivot by using the external data as data source? I.e. create piovt in excel by using the Access or Sql or another excel as data source. I have attached an example of creating Pivot in the 'Pivot' work sheet of 'Pivot.xlsx' work book by using the 'Source' work sheet of the 'Source.xlsx' work book as data source.

Please let us know how to achive this by using aspose.

Thanks

Jithendra

Hi,

Thanks for the sample files.

I am afraid, Aspose.Cells does not support to create pivot tables based on external data sources / databases (e.g external Workbook, MS Access/SQL Server etc.). You need to import/have the source data in the worksheet at first, although you may hide the worksheet if you want, you can then create the pivot table based on the data present in the current workbook, see the topics in the section for your reference:
Pivot Tables

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Thank you for the quick response. My question in the last post was, the possibility to create the pivot in one excel book by adding the source data files as another excel workbook work sheet. I.e. avoid the step of 'import/have the source data in the worksheet at first' as you mentioned in the above post.

In the previous post, I have created the pivot in Pivot.xlsx by adding the Source.xlsx sheet as data source. In this, I have not copied the data from Source.xlsx to Pivot.xlsx. Please find the attached screenshot for your reference how i have added this.

Is it possible to achive this type of funcationlity by using Aspose.

Please let me know, if you need any additional information.

Thanks

Jithendra

Hi,

I am afraid, as I said earlier Aspose.Cells does not support to create PivotTables based on external data including external Workbooks. Aspose.Cells can only create pivot tables based on the source data present in the current workbook. We might look into the feature in future versions though.

Thank you.

Hi,

Is there any updates on this feature.

Thanks,

Jithendra

Hi,

We have logged your feature request “Create a PivotTable based on external data source” with an id “CELLSNET-42942” for your requirements. We need to evaluate your issue if we can support it, our relevant developer will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Any update on this?

Thanks,

Jithendra

Hi,

I am afraid, there is no update at the moment. As we recently added the feature request into our database, the issue is pending for analysis. Once our concerned developer would do it, we would be in better position to update on it. Also, since it is complex feature (if we could support it), it might take some time to support such a feature.

Thanks for your understanding!

Hi Jithendra,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have evaluated this feature and we are afraid, we cannot support it for now. This feature will be supported later.

Currently, we are busy in handling problems and new features of enterprise priority users.