Free Support Forum - aspose.com

How to create DropCap?

Hi,

I am using latest version of Aspose.words for document conversion. Is it possible to create DROPCAP using aspose API ? I tried as below

Document doc = new Document();
doc.removeAllChildren();

Section section = new Section(doc);
doc.appendChild(section);

section.getPageSetup().setSectionStart(SectionStart.NEW_PAGE);
section.getPageSetup().setPaperSize(PaperSize.LETTER);

Body body = new Body(doc);
section.appendChild(body);

Paragraph para = new Paragraph(doc);
body.appendChild(para);

para.getParagraphFormat().setDropCapPosition(1);

Run run = new Run(doc);
run.setText(“H”);
run.getFont().setColor(Color.RED);
para.appendChild(run);

doc.save(".\dropCap.doc");

but i didn’t get any output as expected. Am i doing anything wrong ? Please help me . If not possible please suggest some work around .

Thanks,
Anbu

Hi Anbu,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, drop caps are partially supported and only preserved during document conversion. You cannot yet create new drop caps.

A drop cap is a text frame which is imported as a separate paragraph. You can modify drop cap properties and position. However the new settings are not applied to the drop cap.

This will be improved in a future version of Aspose.Words.

Sorry for any inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,

Hi Anbu,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

In reference to you inquiry, I want to update you that I have logged your request as new feature WORDSNET-6533 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature will be available in our product.

Best Regards,

Thanks you so much.

Hi Anbu,

Rest assured, we will keep you informed of any developments and let you know via this forum thread once your problem is resolved.

Best Regards,

Dear Team,

At-least is it possible to change properties of Dropcap ? I have attached document containing dropcap (dropped position) Using aspose API i changed the properties of drop cap position dropped to margin using

para.getParagraphFormat().setDropCapPosition(2);

but has no effect . Am i missing something or api is limited ?

Regards,
Anbu.

Hi Anbu,

Thanks for your inquiry. We are checking with this scenario and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards

Thanks for your inquiry. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. v11.5.0, I have managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-6606. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6606) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.