How to create editable chart using .NET

Hi,

Is it possible to create editable chart in the latest version of Aspose.Word i.e. Aspose.Words for .NET 20.6 ?

Thanks

Joseph

@josephallison

Yes, you can create editable chart using Aspose.Words for .NET. Please refer to the following article.
Working with Charts

That’s great, thank you.

Hi, I’ve been testing the chart feature and I am getting a ‘word found unreadable content’ error message when I try and save the file as ‘.docx’:
image.png (4.1 KB)

If I save it as ‘.doc’ it works fine.

The code to save i’m using is:
‘doc.Save(response, fileName + “.doc”, ContentDisposition.Attachment, null);’
So the only thing I change is setting that to “.docx”, which then causes unreadable content.

I’ve tried adding in:
OoxmlSaveOptions opt = new OoxmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Docx);
opt.Compliance = OoxmlCompliance.Iso29500_2008_Transitional;
doc.Save(response, fileName + “.docx”, ContentDisposition.Attachment, opt);

but this also errors.

Any help would be great.

@josephallison

Please attach the output Word file that shows the undesired behavior. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

chart test (docx error).zip (43.1 KB)

Thanks for getting back to me, I have zipped the document and attached.

@josephallison

You can resolve the problem with DOCX by simply adding Response.End() after sending document to client browser. For some reasons, when you save a DOCX document to client browser, content of web page is added at the end of the document, you can see this if you open your DOCX document in any binary editor. html content.png (21.4 KB)

That is why Microsoft Word cannot open this document. If you add Response.End(), content of web page will not be added and document will be valid. Hope this helps you.