How to create the most efficient Excel template: list of formulas VS calculation speed

In my daily work I maintain Excel-templates, which are transformed to webforms on the server. The server calculates the input with Aspose and sends output back. With some templates it takes about 500ms for Aspose to calculate. I am continuiously trying to make more efficiënt Excel-files, so that Aspose will calculate them quicker.

During the past years I noticed some functions are faster then others. For example often it is better to put a COUNTIF function after an IF, so that it only calculates that COUNTIF function if it is necessary (so IF(needs_calculation,COUNTIF( ; ),0) is faster then (just COUNTIF( ; )). Or that it is faster to use ISNUMBER(MATCH( ; ; 0 )) instead of COUNTIF( ; )=1. These are obviously both faster in Excel and in Aspose. In general an increasement in Excel-calculation speed will mean an increasement in Aspose-calculation speed.

However, this may differ per function. Calculating INDEX(;MATCH( ; ; )) might be 30% faster with Aspose, where VLOOKUP( ; ; ) will only be 10% faster then Excel. Surely you have done tests during development to figure out what works more efficiently. Is there any documentation about this available?
Where can I find any info about what functions best to use in Excel-templates so that Aspose calculates them more quick?

@jbijsusteen,
Aspose.Cells keeps on improving the performance and reliability of its calculation engine for all of its formulas and features. Similarly it mimics the behaviour of Excel in all possible ways. There is no specific list of functions which can be stated to be preferred over others in terms of performance or functionality. Also it depends upon the volume of data and complexity of the formulae used in the template. You may please try different options in Excel and Aspose.Cells and share the scenarios where Aspose.Cells is less performant as compared to Excel along with running code samples and template files. We will analyse the scenario and provide assistance accordingly.