How to create the subTotal for a nested list with smartmarkers

I have a list (called ‘Expenses’) which consists out of objects containing the following properties

1. Title (string)
  2. Amounts (NestedList of objects containing the properties (Year (int), Amount (decimal), ExpenseId (int))

How can i create a smart marker which will calculate the sum of the Amounts foreach record inside my list ‘Expenses’?

The following smart marker does not work: '&=Expenses.Amounts.Amount(subtotal9:Expenses.Amounts.ExpenseId)

This creates a total foreach record inside the nested list ‘Amounts’.
While i only want 1 total foreach record inside the ‘Expenses’ list.

@tom.procureur,

Could you please elaborate your requirements a bit, so we could understand you better. Also, provide the following resource files and other artifacts:

• Your input Excel workbook containing Smart markers with source data
  • The output Excel file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Your expected output Excel file containing your desired data in order that shows the desired behavior.
  • A sample runnable code or preferably a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information.

*PS. to attach these resources, samples and files, please zip these first.

NestedListSubTotals.zip (58.3 KB)

@tom.procureur,

Thanks for the sample files.

Please notice, after an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your samples. Either this is not supported in Smart Markers or your markers (in the template file) need some tweak. We need to evaluate it in details. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-50732” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@tom.procureur
We can not support your need now.
1, Subtotal smart marker only works with group smart marker, see Smartly importing and placing data with Smart markers|Documentation
Subtoal smart marker only generates subtotal formulas so all detail data has to be exported to files.
2,Please gather your nested data to import them as the following:
var expenses = new List
{
new Expense
{
Id = 1,
Title = “Expense 1”,
Amounts = 6500,
}
}