Detect PDF protected with Azure Information Protection unified labeling client using Aspose.PDF for .NET

Hi,

I have PDFs that have been protected with Azure Information Protection (AIP) unified labeling client.

It seems that Aspose can open it, but when document is modified and changes are saved, generated PDF is corrupted and cannot be opened in PDF readers (Adobe, Foxit). In my particular scenario I have to remove all file attachments from PDF (see Document.EmbeddedFiles). This operation corrupts PDFs protected with AIP.

So, I need a way to identify files protected with AIP in order to skip processing.

Is there API to detect PDFs protected with different IRM systems (like Azure Information Protection)? If not, could you consider adding such API?

Here is sample PDF sample.pdf (164.3 KB)

Thanks.

@licenses

Thank you for contacting support.

A ticket with ID PDFNET-38914 is already logged in our issue management system to support RMS and IRM protection. We have recorded your concerns and will notify you as soon as the feature will be supported.

@licenses

About PDFNET-38914, tentative ETA for this ticket is Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.03 which will hopefully be released in March 2020. We will notify you once this ticket will be resolved.

Hi,

is this resolved like planned?

Thx,
Oliver

@dr.doc

The earlier logged ticket is expected to be fixed in 20.10 version of the API. As soon as we have some news about fix-in version availablility, we will inform you. Please spare us some time.