How to extract text in visual order

Hi,

I’m in the process of upgrading to the latest 16.8.0 from 8.8.1, and have found that SlideUtil.getAllTextBoxes(slide) no longer returns the text in visual order. Searching the forum and website I found the following page Extract Text from Presentation|Aspose.Slides Documentation which has a section stating that you can use another utility method PresentationText text1 = Presentation.getPresentationText(stream, ExtractionMode.Unarranged); However after adjusting the code to match the current version (your docs are really terrible), the method is marked as deprecated.

Is this method going to be removed at some point?

What other method should I use?

Regards
Nick

Hi Nicholas,

I have observed your comments. I have shared a piece of code in a text file with you. This code will help you to achieve your requirements.

Best Regards,

Hi
Do you think you could share it with me as well?
Or just post it here perhaps.
I have the same problem:-
Presentation.getPresentationText
is deprecated

Hi,

I have observed your comments. I have also shared code with you in a text file. I hope you will find it helpful
to achieve your requirements. Please see attachments.

Best Regards,

Hello,

maybe I can help more people by posting how I solved the issue that Presentation.getPresentationText is deprecated:

IPresentationText presText = new PresentationFactory().getPresentationText(inputStream, TextExtractionArrangingMode.Unarranged);

Hints I found in the Release Notes für Aspose.Slides for Java 16.7.0:

Hi Florian,

Thanks for sharing valuable information with us. We really appreciate your efforts.

Best Regards,

hi adnam ahmad could you please share same with me?

@santhosh1710,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that Aspose.Slides API allows you to extract the text on entire presentation level or on individual slide level. I suggest you to please visit this documentation link for your kind reference.