How to fetch the content from .doc file with format?

Hi, I have a requirement to read the content from a .doc file with all the formats and style. Is it possible in Aspose?

Thanks in advance…

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your inquiry. I would suggest you please read the following article on extracting content based on styles. Hope this helps you.

Moreover, please read following documentation links for your kind reference.

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/How+to++Extract+Content+using+DocumentVisitor

Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to get the content from .PPT, .XLS and VISIO?

Thanks

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that you can load file formats mentioned in following documentation link into Aspose.Words DOM and can extract contents from these files.

I am moving this forum thread to Aspose.Total forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Slides and Aspose.Cells team will reply you shortly about your query.

Hi Karthik,

I like to share that you can also extract text from PPT presentation using Aspose.Slides. Please visit this documentation link for your convenience and share with us if any further help is needed in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Regarding get contents from an XLS file, I think you may try to save your Excel file (XLS/XLSX etc.) to some text formats, e.g. CSV, TXT, Tab Delimited where only pure data is stored, see the document for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Save+Entire+Workbook+into+Text+or+CSV+Format

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But my requirement is to get content from a cell not save to different format, Consider a cell in a excel have the following value “Example Content” . I need to fetch the value including the styles(Font color, BG color, Bold, Italic) not only the content.

Thanks
karthik

Hi,

Well, in that case, you may try to use Cell.HtmlString to get the formatted value (in HTML) of the cell including its value and formattings.

Thank you.