How to format table

I have license of Aspose.Word version is 2010.10.31 for Website , using with .Net

I want to apply formatting to table in word

like border , border color, merge columns

I tried following code

Dim table As Table = builder.StartTable()
table.SetBorders(LineStyle.Single, 1.5, Color.Green)
stable.LeftIndent=1.0

It has given error on both lines
‘SetBorders’ is not a member of ‘Aspose.Words.Tables.Table’.
‘LeftIndent’ is not a member of ‘Aspose.Words.Tables.Table’.

how to resolve these errors ?

or how to implement these features using this(2010.10.31) version of Aspose.Words

Hi Jeevan,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I am not able to reproduce the reported issue on my end using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 13.1. I would suggest you to please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 13.1. You can download it from here.

Please do let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for your reply .

I have to do formatting (Like Border, Font , Background-color) to Table using Aspose.Word version 2010.10.31 , because that liscence I have .

So please help me how to do formatting to table using this version 2010.10.31

In case I upgrade Aspose.Word to .NET 13.1 (as you said this is latest ) is that free ? can I use for Production ?

Regards ,
Jeevan Joshi.

Hi Jeevan,

Thanks for your inquiry.

You are probably using old version of Aspose.Words for .NET v9.5.0 which dates back to 30-10-2010. I am afraid, we do not provide support for older released versions of Aspose.Words. All the new features and fixes are included in the new release(s) of Aspose.Words, so I think you will have to upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 13.1 here in order to use those features.

Latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET supports plenty of new features and you can easily apply formatting to the Table objects in your documents using it. Please have a look here for further details.

No, it is not free, if your license has expired, you will have to renew it and then you can use it for Production. Apart from this, you can also download the Evaluation version of Aspose.Words any time. Evaluation version is same as the purchased version, except it has watermarking and some limitations regarding document size due to absence of proper license file. You can also request for a 30 day temporary license file to test/use fully functional API without any of the Evaluation Version limitations. Please have a look here to see licensing FAQs and here for Purchase FAQs.

Please do let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for your reply .

If I renewed Aspose.Word from .Net 9.5 to 13.1

is it affect old working code ? I want old code should run as it is .

and old code for Aspose.excel and Aspose.PPT should work as it is working earlier …

Hi Jeevan,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Many new features and fixes have been added since Aspose.Words for .NET v9.5. After looking closely I am not able to find any reported issue(s) that could break your old code. The latest version of Aspose.Words is fully backward compatible with earlier version(s) i.e. v9.5 in your case, but it would be a good idea to perform a code review on your side to make sure nothing is breaking up due to the update. You can also have a quick look here to have an idea about migrating details and the changes that could potentially affect your old code.

As far as the old code for Aspose.Excel or Aspose.PPT is concerned, the upgrade to Aspose.Words should not have any impact on it and ideally, it should keep on working perfectly after the upgrade.

Hope this helps. In case of any issues in your old code due to update to latest Aspose.Words, please feel free to ask us any time. We will be glad to help you.